Esteemed Contributor

Re: I think I need an intervention....

If I was doing most of my shopping online, I don't think that would be a problem. Just thinking if I were out shopping at a mall or even a department store where I found things I actually liked that fit right, I would buy that much, and have. I'm sure most of us have come home from a day of shopping with a full trunk/suv or whatever.

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

If I was doing most of my shopping online, I don't think that would be a problem. Just thinking if I were out shopping at a mall or even a department store where I found things I actually liked that fit right, I would buy that much, and have. I'm sure most of us have come home from a day of shopping with a full trunk/suv or whatever.

The beauty of mall shopping is we can return them without paying for shipping.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree I order a lot of things from QVC and some from HSN.

I don't apologize for it.  I could be doing other things (getting in trouble) although at my age (70) and bad back and two bad knees, it wouldn't be easy.

Life is too short to apologize if you can afford it and it give you pleasure and you aren't hurting anyone.  Enjoy your life.

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@happycat wrote:

The beauty of mall shopping is we can return them without paying for shipping.  

I only order from stores that have a brick and mortar store in my city. Makes it much easier to return.

Respected Contributor

Good for you for recognizing you have a problem.  I went thru a phase of over- consumption. It was a band aid for a a big issue-  

You  have to deal with the underlying issue, but also- find something to replace this habit, learn to knit, or research your ancestry... These are just ideas... Watch Hoarders', it may be a wake up call.  Wishes to you for self control and wellness-  Skye.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I think when you can't even remember what is in some of the packages, that might indicate a problem.

But otherwise, as long as you use and enjoy all the things you buy and can afford it, then that shouldn't be a problem.

@HappyDaze

I like your Charlie Brown/Snoopy pic.

I recently purchased a few Peanuts cosmetics bags from Amazon. They're cute...one is a very small bag with a pic of Snoopy sleeping on a big, pink pillow. The other one has a pic of Charlie and Snoopy sitting on a pier looking out at the water and starry night sky.

There's another one of snoopy sleeping on the moon...his dog house below. If the price comes down enough, I'm buying it...I'll probably use it to contain other small items on my dresser.

@Daisy Sunflower thanks! I will have to check out those bags. I know exactly the picture you are referring to with the pier looking out at the water- I've uses that one as my avartar during summer. I love that one. Peanuts, Snoopy especially, makes me smile. 

Image result for snoopy emoticon love

Honored Contributor

I'm also getting many more packages delivered to me most weeks.   For me, it has nothing to do with overspending.  I'd be buying these things anyway, but having to go to numerous different retail outlets to find them all, assuming what I want is in stock. 

most of my deliveries come from Amazon and will include everyday things I need, like a filter for the refrigerator, or a certain type of light bulb that my local hardware store doesn't keep in stock. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My sister recently gave my mom a huge garbage of clothes. Her closet is so unorganized she actually gave her a few she had never worn. Now that is ridiculous. It's not a problem if you wear and enjoy what you buy and your not going into debt, plus saving the max. 

Respected Contributor

I stopped watching and buying months ago and my savings account shows it.  Pick up a good book, go for a walk - it has to be mind numbing watching that much Q. 

Honored Contributor

i'm not understanding why some people who have responded to this thread assume the Op is shipping only at QVC.  That's not what I read in her first post.

Id say she's the kind of shopper I am...we might be posting on a QVC board, but also shop at Amazon and many other online  sites.