Honored Contributor

I think I need an intervention....

I admit, I do 90% of my shopping online.  Mostly with Amazon, Qvc and Evine with a little Jtv thrown in for good measure.  I generally get 3 or 4 packages a week but today I made some type of record for non Christmas deliveries.  I was jumping up and down to answer the bell all afternoon...lol   I think it's over now.  8 packages in a single day....I don't even know what's in two of them.  Looks like clothing from Qvc and Evine.  I'll open them after dinner. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I think I need an intervention....

Oh boy, that's a lot of shopping. It's not a good sign when you can't remember what you ordered. Intervention? Or a new hobby... j,k, 

I know I've cut back on purchasing online from the same places. GoodLuck

Respected Contributor

You have to admit you have a problem before you can choose to change.  Shopping addiction is a real thing just as any other form of addiction.  There is a shopping high associated with buying things.   There have been other shopping addiction threads here on the forums over the years. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO O/P does not have a problem if she can afford the purchases.

So many of us seem to jump on others for lots of purchases.  It all factors down to how much one makes and how much money they have.

If one can afford the purchases, has no debt, saves the max in their retirement, it's ok.

I sometimes think I beat myself up over the  items I order, but I have no debt and even though I don't consider myself wealthy, per se,  I owe no one anything and save the max.

O/P only YOU know your financial position.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  I understand because I'm just as bad.  I cannot shop in stores because of a back problem that prevents me from standing more than 5 minutes.  Thank God I live in the cyber age where shopping for even ordinary things is so easy.  I just picked up groceries from Walmart where they did my shopping and I just bring them home and put them away.   I get everything online.  Like you, I often don't remember what's in the packages. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Just think of all the other uses for that money.  You could take a vacation, go to a spa, invest the money or give to charity.    

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I admit, I do 90% of my shopping online.  Mostly with Amazon, Qvc and Evine with a little Jtv thrown in for good measure.  I generally get 3 or 4 packages a week but today I made some type of record for non Christmas deliveries.  I was jumping up and down to answer the bell all afternoon...lol   I think it's over now.  8 packages in a single day....I don't even know what's in two of them.  Looks like clothing from Qvc and Evine.  I'll open them after dinner. 

@chrystaltreeHope everything fits. Return shipping is a bummer.   LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltreeHope everything fits. Return shipping is a bummer.   LOL

lol The best time to try clothing on is before a meal not after.  

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday, Wed, and today I had about 6 packages. No shopping addiction. It was stuff I ordered from the qvc 6 pay on beauty and my bathroom stuff for my new house. It is stuff I will use so I don't call it a addiction. I have around $300 each month that I can spend on anything I want so I choose to buy makeup because I enjoy it and will use it. Or it just sits and I don't use it. The rest of my money gets put into savings and doesn't get touched unless my parents take some for my living expenses. I go through phases. Sometimes I buy a lot then I will have months I don't buy much. Being disabled online shopping is how I shop.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
OP not my place judge. My experience, Isolated ordering from Qvc more and more as months past. Long story short! Relocated Boco Raton FL. Best Decision for me, Healthy in many ways made the decision No longer order impulsively. Not blaming anyone for my shopping habit grateful stopped in time. Since moving meeting new people getting out enjoying GC and Family members. Key for me! Turning off Qvc. Best wishes OP. Truth you are the only one who can determine best action.