Honored Contributor

I think I might have seen a new fashion trend tonight

[ Edited ]

I saw something at mass tonight, I haven't seen in decades. We had 2 baptismal parties in church. Everyone ,one in both parties ,were dressed to the nines. All of the ladies had on a dress ,and they ran the gamut (sp) of ages , from young mother to grandmother. They looked just lovely.. Between the 2 families there was probably around 40 people in total

Everyone  of the guys ,wore a suit ,or a sports coat, and a dress pants. There wasn't a blue jean in sight

The little girls were all in dresses , tights and Mary Janes. It was like the clock was turned back 50 years

I laughed to a friend , about not owning a dress ,and  she said she didn't have one either ,we both agreed might be the start of a new trend .

Mind you ,people are always dressed nice,but casual, at our services. I am wondering if the young families are going to  start a different trend?

I think these young families are wonderful, because I'm sure all of the women work, and they are wearing many hats.Yet, they still are  making sure everyone looks picture perfect, when the go to  worship

It might seem like a little thing, but ,I know what it is to  raise a family ,and not to have a lot of spare cash ,at times, nor time to spend on yourself

I think today's women are just smashing. I take my hat off to them.  Good job ladies

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I think I might have seen a new fashion trend tonight

You'll probably never see it again - dressed to the 9's - special occasion and picture taking  - - but it was nice they did that.

Honored Contributor

How nice....it is such a casual world today I bet it was nice to see, especially in church....Our church is very, very casual...not my style so I still dress up to a certain extent.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure about that. I have been seeing more people wearing a skirt ,or a dress in the communion line, I am also seeing young  children in dresses

It really looks nice

I saw a little girl tonight ,wearing a dress like I used to buy for my daughter. I don't know if any of you remember, polly flinders dresses?

They were sort of gathered at the yoke and were smocked. I saw a sweet little girl, with that style, tonight

Esteemed Contributor

I hope it doesn’t become a trend. I have no reason to ever dress up like that. I don’t own a dress, skirt or heels either. Most of the year we would sweat to death if we had to dress like that. 

Honored Contributor

No one has to follow a trend.  I just thought  it was  lovely to see. They looked so pretty

Contributor

I brought up in a family that sways wire their family best to services . Women always wore a dress or skirt(no pants!) and men always wore a suit or ,sort oat and a tie.and always your shoulders. Were covered. In the dummer you could wear a sundress ,but your shoulders were always covered with a stole or sweater. To this day I still abide by these traditions. Even when traveling either here or abroad , I still cover my shoulders send wear a "proper covering".

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry, it is lovely to see people have respect for themselves and others by dressing appropriately for the occasion.  Thanks for posting such a nice story.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

And their apparel would look appropriate if celebrating at a fine-dining establishment on a Saturday night

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotterMass was at 5, so ,they may well have gone out to eat afterward.

They all had more than 1 child ,so ,I give them credit for getting everyone ready to leave , all spit and polished. That's a lot of work