Honored Contributor

I think I'm going to get a free COVId test kit

[ Edited ]

I jut got a notification of a package from the U.S. dept of Health.  Only thing I can think of from them. It'll arrive 3/1/22.  I requested it from the post office a couple months ago.  Surprised at this.  Didn't think I would get one.

Respected Contributor

Re: I think I'm going to get a free COVId test kit

My bf just got two after a long while too.

I never signed up for the Federal ones, but did get two from my town when they were giving them out a few months ago.

Luckily didn't have to use them yet. 

Esteemed Contributor

Got mine... to be honest if it's accurate it might be a miracle.

Honored Contributor

Never did get mine ,ordered very 1st.day.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Better late than never.

I got mine a few weeks ago.  My DIL got hers almost immediately. My brother got his this past week.

Honored Contributor

Got mine 3 days ago.  Not sure exactly when I ordered, but I know it was soon after the first few days I could have.  At that point to get a free shot locally the wait in line was hours long and to pick up a kit required lots of local sewrching.    Millions had been ordered by the time I signed in.

Didn't plan to travel and hadn't been much of any place to be exposed so I was fine with waiting.  

I do know I need a test before surgery in early April, but the hospital requires their own test, not a home test.  They do it free right from your car and no outsiders are in the testing line so the wait shouldn't be bad.

Respected Contributor

I got mine a few weeks ago.  I ordered for my parents since they don't have a computer and although I ordered one day later, theirs took about 10 days to arrive after mine did.

Not sure how the quantities shipped "per home" make sense.  I live alone and got 4 free kits, and one of my coworkers has 6 people in his home and he also received 4 kits. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

We received our 4 kits.  No issues.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops . Last October I had surgery on the radial bone in my arm. Fractured it in a fall from a ladder. I had a Covid test like you are having. I was told after the test on a Friday I had to quarantine until the day of my surgery the following Wednesday. I could not leave my house and no one could come in to the house.  They do no want to take the chance of you picking up Covid after the test and then bringing it into the hospital. But maybe things are different now. Good luck with your surgery. 

Trusted Contributor

Mine came a week after I placed the order which was the first day you were allowed too.  But the email I got was from the USPS with a tracking number.