Honored Contributor

Re: I think I know the answer to this question...

This is not a complicated surgery and can be done with a local anesthesia and sedative. I would ask your doctor though since he knows your condition and what precautions you need to take. 

Super Contributor

My beautician who is 56 yrs old wanted to have cosmetic surgery on her eyes before her daughter's wedding last year.  She was told she was not a good candidate for it.  It's up to the surgeon to evaluate the risks.

Frequent Contributor

Hi! What is Genie A-267???

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  A few other things:  make sure that your surgeon is affiliated with local hospitals, especially the best ones in your area, and your surgeon should insist on an ekg and a statement from your family physician that you are healthy enough for the surgery.  You should also have had an opportunity to meet the staff who will participating with the surgery, and make sure that you know everyone's qualifications.  The surgeon needs to be board certified.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

I would get a consult appt with a facial plastic surgeon recommended by your pcp. Some plastic surgeons specialize in this specific procedures, so someone with that expertise would be ideal. Due to Covid, many hospitals are not doing elective surgeries right now so you may have to wait a while.