Honored Contributor

Re: I think I found an old best friend on facebook from 40 plus years ago

On 4/13/2014 JaneMarple said:

I grew up in a small suburban town and I've reconnected with over fifty school friends through facebook, some of them I barely spoke to in school. It's really fun knowing looking at old and new photos and sharing old stories. Good luck to you OP.

I grew up in the Bronx and through Facebook we were able to find 50 people for a Kindergarden thru 9th grade reunion.

It was a blast

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

OP there is a possibility that your old friend is no longer with us, my brother's FB page is still up even though he passed away this past August.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I've reconnected with former friends all the way back to elementary school up through college. I know not everyone gets excited about it but I think it's been a fun experience getting reacquainted again.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Hope your test connection turns out well. I don't do Facebook; however, I found the address of someone that was my very, very best friend for years back in the 80's. I sent a note in hopes to reconnect but did not hear back. Kind of broke my heart, I must say. PS: She still is with us, that I know for sure. Part of me is thinking of putting her address in my GPS and knock on her door one day. Only about 45 minutes away, I believe.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

On 4/13/2014 twopeas said:

Hope your test connection turns out well. I don't do Facebook; however, I found the address of someone that was my very, very best friend for years back in the 80's. I sent a note in hopes to reconnect but did not hear back. Kind of broke my heart, I must say. PS: She still is with us, that I know for sure. Part of me is thinking of putting her address in my GPS and knock on her door one day. Only about 45 minutes away, I believe.

Be advised, that may not be the best or most appropriate way to reconnect with someone. U may give her a heart attack &/or create a very uncomfortable situation. Just saying........

Super Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Skylands said:
On 4/13/2014 twopeas said:

Be advised, that may not be the best or most appropriate way to reconnect with someone. U may give her a heart attack &/or create a very uncomfortable situation. Just saying........

I agree. I would like to just connect via email with this old friend, but do not want to get "personal" one on one. Best not to just surprise someone! I think it is going too far.
Honored Contributor

I've diligently searched for and found several of my old HS and college friends. I found after an initial ""catching up"" we really didn't have much to say to each other. Our lives have gone in opposite directions and we have nothing in common. I've only stayed in touch with one person.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Look through her friends and see if you recognize any names, or maybe her family members names. You could always leave a message with them. Maybe they could let her know you left a message for her. It's a good place to try. I hope you connect.
Super Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Abby1967 said: Look through her friends and see if you recognize any names, or maybe her family members names. You could always leave a message with them. Maybe they could let her know you left a message for her. It's a good place to try. I hope you connect.
Thanks for the suggestion. She had no friends listed. Personally I have very few friends or personal info on my page either as I only opened a Facebook page for business. She may have made a Facebook page and never uses it, much like myself.
Regular Contributor

Your welcome. Here's another idea go to google.com and put her name in and see if any information comes up on her. If you know a city she may be in put that behind her name. It's worth checking. Good luck.