Super Contributor

I think I found an old best friend on facebook from 40 plus years ago

We were best friends and worked together in the late 70's.... Things happen, life led us on different paths...this morning for some reason her name came to me. Almost like a nudge...really strange.....anyway,I had not thought about her really until this morning...I wrote down the name and looked her up on Facebook....found someone that could be her in the photo( almost 40 years OLDER).. I am pretty sure it is her! Same name.. I left a message. It does not look like she has really used her Facebook page since 2013... That was last entry date. So, she may never get my message unless she uses her Facebook again. Will update you if I hear from her.
Super Contributor

Re: I think I found an old best friend on facebook from 40 plus years ago

It's neat isn't it?

Respected Contributor

fyi.............some people aren't interested in contacting old friends/people from the past. Life moves on. Good luckSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

one of the best things about facebook......finding long lost friends and keeping in touch with far away family members!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Skylands said:

fyi.............some people aren't interested in contacting old friends/people from the past. Life moves on. Good luckSmiley Happy

I often wonder about those people.

I came from lousy circumstances myself but there are concepts like growth and forgiveness. I've been gradually ""returning home"" via facebook over the past few years and it's been an interesting journey.

Honored Contributor

I grew up in a small suburban town and I've reconnected with over fifty school friends through facebook, some of them I barely spoke to in school. It's really fun knowing looking at old and new photos and sharing old stories. Good luck to you OP.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Skylands said:

Yes, I know where you are coming from. We had talked in our 20's about getting together when we turned 40....( in your 20's, 40 seems ancient LOL!) well...life happens, and we just never did it. It was just so unreal how the thought of her, and the name came to me in my thoughts so LOUD. Could be nothing.
Respected Contributor

gazelle, I've had these hunches about old friends, and there has been a reason.

At least you've done what you can to reconnect.

Frequent Contributor

I reconnected with some friends from college......best thing about facebook!

Trusted Contributor

If her Facebook post shows her current city, and if it shows her new name in addition to her old name, you might be able to still find her through whitepages.com or information. But like someone said, she might not WANT to be in touch with old friends.

I was able to get in touch with some from my high school years and it sort of left me feeling sad, and being sad for some of them as well. I guess I am just weird.