Esteemed Contributor

Re: I think I am an influencer!!??!!

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick  Even though we have acre lots, several including a once good friend called the game warden. Deer were eating their shrubbery and flowers, but they told the wardens they were afraid the deer were becoming too accustomed to humans. One said they were dangerous!

I warned neighbors on both sides that when I stopped feeding them they will eat their shrubbery more and they have. 
  One gardener wraps plastic bags over her lilies and blooms nightly then removes them in the morning. Another has a wire cheap fence to protect miniature shrubs and wire baskets around them. Deer eat them anyway!

I can't even feed birds now because if seed drops on the ground it's considered feeding deer. I'm saving a lot I'd money!  Oats and fruit, carrots were expensive!

So, I enjoy the deer when I see them, they remember me. They are eating grass, clover and neighbor's shrubbery!

And I enjoy your photos!

Honored Contributor

I so enjoy your pictures, with the way life is now days,it is so nice to see these pictures, thank you for posting them.Heart

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh, what a sweet baby!!!  These pictures warm my heart.

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@MamaWick  Even though we have acre lots, several including a once good friend called the game warden. Deer were eating their shrubbery and flowers, but they told the wardens they were afraid the deer were becoming too accustomed to humans. One said they were dangerous!

I warned neighbors on both sides that when I stopped feeding them they will eat their shrubbery more and they have. 
  One gardener wraps plastic bags over her lilies and blooms nightly then removes them in the morning. Another has a wire cheap fence to protect miniature shrubs and wire baskets around them. Deer eat them anyway!

I can't even feed birds now because if seed drops on the ground it's considered feeding deer. I'm saving a lot I'd money!  Oats and fruit, carrots were expensive!

So, I enjoy the deer when I see them, they remember me. They are eating grass, clover and neighbor's shrubbery!

And I enjoy your photos!

@1Snickers    Did the neighbors happen to mention to the game warden that you were feeding the deer which is illegal in every state with which I'm familiar?  Did they also happen to mention that in doing so and removing their fear of people by feeding them, you are signing their death warrant come hunting season?  Does it give you pleasure to know they may walk right up to an armed hunter looking for a hand-out?  There's a reason feeding wildlife is illegal.  People who sincerely love animals, don't do it.  You should have received a stiff fine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   It is legal to feed deer in my state in the Summer, from Sept to  Jan it isn't legal due to hunters baiting them. I wasn't breaking the law at the time feeding in Summer.  But due to the neighbors complaints I stopped. 
   I never tried to tame or hand feed deer, only feed for them and squirrels to keep them away from my bird feeders.  I had a special call to them so they would know who I was, and not a hunter. 
   My area is a game refuge, there are no hunters. But the neighbors are feeding them shrubbery!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@1Snickers wrote:

And I enjoy your photos!

@1Snickers    Did the neighbors happen to mention to the game warden that you were feeding the deer which is illegal in every state with which I'm familiar?  Did they also happen to mention that in doing so and removing their fear of people by feeding them, you are signing their death warrant come hunting season?  Does it give you pleasure to know they may walk right up to an armed hunter looking for a hand-out?  There's a reason feeding wildlife is illegal.  People who sincerely love animals, don't do it.  You should have received a stiff fine.

@Kachina624   @1Snickers  @MamaWick 

I live in the state of North Carolina, it is not illegal to feed deer here, nor is it illegal in many other states.

There are specific guidelines as to time and location (inside outside city limits for example) but as I said, it is legal in many states.

@MamaWick 

Your photos are a delight.  So many have asked for happy news - this 

surely fits the case.  I look for them daily.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras