Esteemed Contributor

Re: I think British TV is superior to ours

"Rumpole"  - - - - -  "She who must be obeyed" 

We used to belong to the "Rumpole Society" in S.F. and had many wonderful dinners with like-minded fans.  We were fortunate to have the author present at one (got his autograph) and also purchased and had signed a photo of the lead female barrister .  Gosh, cannot recall her name.  Should have looked it up before I posted.  Now I feel like a dunce.  Need some claret...

Esteemed Contributor

A defiinite fabovorite in our house for our granddaughter is "Peppa the Pig," shown on Nickelodeon and produced in Great Britain.

Now when DGD comes over she says, "Peppa, DVDVD?"  or "Peppa tablet?"  She's also picked up "Ready, Steady, Go!"  and calls an elevator a "lift."

Really love these cartoons. 

Regular Contributor

Rosemary and Thyme!!!! I love that show!!!!!! 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

Idris Elba....yummy.....

That is a sexy man!!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely Fabulous

The Office

The Young Ones

Are You Being Served

Eastenders

Benny Hill

The Only Way Is Essex

Geordie Shore

Made in Chelsea

Luther

Call The Midwife

Downtown Abbey

House of Elliott

Miranda

The Fall

Respected Contributor

Last of the Summer Wine.

It was about these three old friends who lived in a village who got into these hilarious situations. One time they attempted to play croquet while riding bicycles. Then they had this friend who thought he was the descendant of Robin Hood and dressed like him. Smiley LOL

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Contributor

I disagree..

I pretty much only watch PBS and enjoy many of  the shows produced by WGBH and WNET. I watch  shows such as Nova, Washington Week, & Newshour. .I enjoy most cooking shows,

I am fortunate to have 4 PBS stations and see many detective shows from Great Britain,  France, Italy, Denmark, Germany, and Sweden.  I enjoy them all.  The shows from Italy usually have very well dressed females.  Stunning.

I lived in Germany for a bit and the show that most identified German TV was a show entitled "The Wonders of Concrete." Yawn.

I have frequently been to Europe on busniess and I do love the foreign commercials. Clever.

I dislike British comedy and do not find it any better than our comedy shows. 

I do love Masterpiece Theater.

I get annoyed wtth British shows and their almost always ugly portrayals of Americans.  We are portrayed as dumb, boors, uneducated, crass, arrogant, aggressive, sleazy, and in a detective show as the criminal,  I find that close minded, hateful,  and bigoted.

Just my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy the British comedies, and the murder mysteries.
Esteemed Contributor

I like the British mysteries and watch most of them.  I also like Doc Martin.  In my area the PBS station has an additional station that shows nothing but British shows 24/7. That's my go-to channel.  

Trusted Contributor

Many of the British shows are on Netflix.