Respected Contributor

Re: I seem to be invisible ...

@SoX wrote:

I've posted three separate responses in the last few minutes; nothing of a controversial nature ... not seeing them.  

Were they OPs or replies to a topic or topics?  Either way, it could have something to do with the way you have your preferences set (what order to display posts in and Linear vs. Topic Layout...)

Or, as others have said, it could be more technological weirdness.  We are having a lot of that lately!

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi Lucky Charm Smiley Happy

I had trouble getting this board up and running in Internet Explorer, I may be halfway there, so far, LOL, but I have no idea how to make this easier to handle.

Do you know if there's a topic somewhere that covers things?  When I sign out of responding, I automatically go to a vast wilderness and I have to get back to the list and go into Community Chat again.  That can't be the way to do it. 

Is there a way to edit your post?  I make a lot of typos sometimes Smiley LOL

QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com

They can help you and there are lots of answered questions throughout the posts if you can get to them.  Hang in there Noel! Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

SoX, I didn't see you when I was trying to get on this board.  I'm so glad you're here Heart

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I see you too!Smiley Happy

Never a dull moment around here, that's for sure.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Preds! Heart

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi Lucky Charm Smiley Happy

I had trouble getting this board up and running in Internet Explorer, I may be halfway there, so far, LOL, but I have no idea how to make this easier to handle.

Do you know if there's a topic somewhere that covers things?  When I sign out of responding, I automatically go to a vast wilderness and I have to get back to the list and go into Community Chat again.  That can't be the way to do it. 

Is there a way to edit your post?  I make a lot of typos sometimes :smileylol:

In the left hand row under Forums, it says "Welcome Get Started."  A lot of questions are answered there.  Also, you can go to the Suggestion Box Forum and ask your questions.  You can also e-mail the Social team at QVC and ask them questions. Preds gave you their address in message 12 of this thread.  

To edit your post, click on the three dots to the right of the topic name in the post you want to edit.  

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

It's good to see SoX and Noel hereSmiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I see you Sox!  

Good to see you, Noel.   I was hoping you were OK.     I've heard a lot of people using IE having the most problems here.    Chrome and Fiirefox seem to work better.

To edit your post, there are 3 dots in the upper right corner of your post.  Click and get a drop down menu that included the "Edit" opition.

Setting your preferences helps, too.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @NoelSeven and @SoX! So great to see you here!

And a big wave to all!Heart

~~~~~~

I posted a thread a while back, which might be helpful:

"Use "HELP" & "SETTINGS" to navigate the new forums

We have a myriad of features we didn't have before, and probably too many to use when we first try out this new forum platform.

Here's a suggestion to make it a little easier and more understandable.

Take a look a the column on the left side of the screen.  Below the listing of Forums & Blogs, etc., you'll see, under "Quick Links:"

Now and then, take a "tour" of "My Settings," "Edit My Preferences," and "Help" to become accustomed to all the options and explanations. 

In "My Settings," make one change at a time, then go back and look at one forum or one thread to see how the change made a difference.  (I've learned, in working with computers, that making more than one change at a time can be confusing.)

Note:  when you select something like "Help," the sub-sections of that category will appear in the column on the left side of the page beneath the Forums & Blogs list.  You can click on those sub-sections to navigate to that particular topic."

hth!Robot Happy

(link to thread:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Use-quot-HELP-quot-amp-quot-SETTINGS-quot-to-navigate-the...)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your help and suggestions,  DooB and WenGirl ... and hi to all the old gang!  

I'm just getting too old for all this new wave stuff ... not sure I'm cut out for it.   Thing is ... I really don't want to learn ... what does that say about me?