Trusted Contributor

I went to Walgreens, by chance, and they had a big supply of TP. So I got 2 packs also.  I also got 2 boxes of kleenex and 2 packages of paper towels and two containers of sanitizing wipes.  Felt like I had won the lottery! 

Honored Contributor

Wow @LuvmyLab !  Cha Ching!!

Esteemed Contributor

The past couple of times I went to our local Walmart they had plenty of toilet paper.  Yesterday I replaced a roll in our hall bathroom and realized I still have rolls left from my pre-Coronavirus stock.

Super Contributor

We went to Von's a few weeks ago. The TP was out. I asked when they were getting more. The mgr told us a shipment was coming next Tue. at 6AM. We went at 7AM and there were stacks and stacks! My point? Ask the mgr and go when they say. 

Respected Contributor

I finally scored some TP as well, albeit the store brand, and only a few of those on shelves. My question is this:  when will we ever see Charmin back on shelves and why is there none?  Don't get me wrong as am glad to get any TP right now but just curious why no Charmin? Where's it going?

Super Contributor

Congrats on getting TP.   When I got my Charmin, I felt like I hit a gold mine!  

Honored Contributor

DH masked and gloved up and went out early and scored us a 6 pack of Soft and Strong from Walmart. (I'd found out from the local rumor mill that Walmart is where people have the best luck around here.)

How quickly things change. A few weeks ago I would have turned up my nose at generic TP. Now I'm mainly surprised at how relieved I am that we are no longer running low. People in some other countries live like this every day. I have increased respect for their fortitude.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Laura14 

I've always kept several packages "in stock" on my pantry shelves.  DH likes the Great Value brand from Walmart.  I can use anything.

Our Food Lion hasn't had TP when I was there in the last 3 visits.  So, while I don't need any, I will pick some up if/when I see it.  

I'm thankful I keep the basics on my shelves, but most of us are not prepared to go weeks/months without TP!

Like I said the other day....toilet paper = new gold!

Invest in a bidet seat! Your behind will be forever grateful 

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  glad you had a successful trip.  We're waiting for a Walmart order to be filled.  Whatever we get will be appreciated.   DH just wants his ice cream.

The hoarders and some nut jobs are out there.  A neighbor told me he read online that a famine is coming so he he going out every day to stock up.  All right then; just put yourself at risk.  Of course, he doesn't believe the reporting that so many have passed.  He thinks that's just to cause fear and panic.  Some people are just out there.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA : Bidet seat= all sold out locally and on line. I told my plumber that after Christmas- I wanted one installed. He said that he would do the research and contact me for install date. He said been sold out since end of January.Southern Bee