Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I went to Wal Mart today, mainly to get my mother fabric to make masks and cough syrup for my dad. I decided to look at the toilet paper. The aisle just had those big blue bins from one end to the other. What on earth? 

Just a few boxes of kleenexes, I saw one large box of paper towels. 

So, what gives here? Where is the toilet tissue?I don't believe that many people are still hoarding it.

I think ppl ARE still hoarding it bc I said the same thing to a friend.  He said to remember usually this time of year one or both adults in the home are gone all day (work), kids are in school so that's 8 hours no one is at home.  Now we have work from home and kids out of school so that's a lot of use for 8 hrs it normally isn't being used.  

Honored Contributor

I actually have some extra and have offered it to nearby friends, neighbors and on a local Facebook page.  No takers. Oh well..... I am more than happy to keep it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

Very familiar with Ingles.  A non-profit I work for does a lot of business with them and I am in their no less than once a week either for myself or to pick up items for non-profit.  Their shipment comes in, goes on the shelf and Gone!  Was there this week and no paper products again.  I know it is a function of when I get there.  When I asked the manager offered to get me some.  They must stash some away, but I didn't think it was fair.  I was not out and someone would need it more.

Was able to score some Walmart brand this am.  I shared two packs of my inventory with my son and daughter-in-law and figured I would put away the Walmart until they run out.  I am sure they won't think about it again until they're out!  I get so frustrated with them.

Respected Contributor

@Tangocash wrote:

We went to Von's a few weeks ago. The TP was out. I asked when they were getting more. The mgr told us a shipment was coming next Tue. at 6AM. We went at 7AM and there were stacks and stacks! My point? Ask the mgr and go when they say. 

My nephew works at a grocery store and he tells his mother when they are expected to get a shipment.  She was in the store last week as it opened and making her way to the TP aisle and threw a 38 double roll pack in the basket and put it in her car and drove to work.