Esteemed Contributor
I didn’t need any (my brother found some at Walmart for me), but I was surprised to see larger 8oz bottles of sanitizer at two stores on Monday. Walgreens has the GermX kind and the other store had a fancy brand (it’s a higher end grocery store). The grocery store had a lot - kind of wish I had picked up some, but I really don’t need it right now.

Maybe one of these days, I’ll finally see cleaning supplies like Lysol, etc. That’s the true unicorn.
Respected Contributor

i was out and about last week, and we were in a grocery store, in one of the small towns here. 

saw the display of tp (single rolls) sanitizer, and alcohol.

i went to pick one up and then saw the price. $14.99 for the 8oz. pump bottle!!

i must of raised my voice to dh ($14.99!!!!) as he gave me the eye roll. 

and no, i did not purchase it. the single rolls of tp were 1.00

Honored Contributor
@Boomernichols. If they were keeping it behind the counter, how did you know they had any? (I was at a dollar store yesterday and never thought that it might be behind the counter).
Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

I was at the pharmacy getting a prescription and an employee was stocking hand sanitizer as I was looking for something in the soap aisle.  She suggested I get some while I could b/c it doesn't stay long on the shelf and they never know when they are getting more.  I scooped up 3 - the most you were allowed to purchase.  DH was very grateful as he has been using grain alcohol in his car to disinfect his hands when he is out shopping!

@ninjawife, if you don't mind saying, how much for each one and how many ounces?

4.49 for an 8 ounce bottle

@ninjawife, thanks for the info. I don't need any right now but glad to know it's getting easier to find. 

Honored Contributor
@ninjawife. I scored one too today in my own home, an 8 oz Purell. Quite a while ago (long before the pandemic) I bought a new product on the market with a coupon I had for it, Purell antibacterial liquid hand soap. I didn't really need it at the time but wanted to try it with the coupon so I put it im my soap stash. So I've been looking at this Purell bottle for a while elsewhere in my house, thinking it was the Purell liquid soap (not remembering that I had put the soap a long time ago with my other soaps). I needed soap today and reached for that bottle and lo and behold it's Purell hand sanitizer. I was thrilled!
Honored Contributor

Re: I scored hand sanitizer

[ Edited ]

???    If you are all washing your hands as recommended, why would you even need hand sanitizer?

Mask   Mask   Mask
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

???    If you are all washing your hands as recommended, why would you even need hand sanitizer?

Mask   Mask   Mask

@Tinkrbl44 - I hate using hand sanitizer, but since this all started, a keep a mini one in my car so that I can use it after running errands, and also in between each errand (though I usually only have one errand at a time right now) before I start the drive home.  That's the only thing I use it for.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: I scored hand sanitizer

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Mask   Mask   Mask

@Tinkrbl44 - I hate using hand sanitizer, but since this all started, a keep a mini one in my car so that I can use it after running errands, and also in between each errand (though I usually only have one errand at a time right now) before I start the drive home.  That's the only thing I use it for.

@gidgetgh if you had read my orginial post, you would see that my DH uses it in the car just like @Tinkrbl44 mentioned.

I may also need it when I go back to my job in the school district b/c you can't leave your students to go wash every time you might need to.

Honored Contributor

Wow no wonder the rest of the country does not have toilet paper or hand sanitizer, everybody is buying for everybody else and buying the largest quantity allowed.  Just image how many folks are doing this and worse.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Wow no wonder the rest of the country does not have toilet paper or hand sanitizer, everybody is buying for everybody else and buying the largest quantity allowed.  Just image how many folks are doing this and worse.

@Imaoldhippie 

"Panic buying" is nothing new ....  even those unlikely to do much stocking up might see people in stores buying extra and think gee, maybe they should, too.   It happens.   And, let's face it, who wants to risk running out of toilet paper?  

Mask   Mask   Mask