Respected Contributor

I was at the pharmacy getting a prescription and an employee was stocking hand sanitizer as I was looking for something in the soap aisle.  She suggested I get some while I could b/c it doesn't stay long on the shelf and they never know when they are getting more.  I scooped up 3 - the most you were allowed to purchase.  DH was very grateful as he has been using grain alcohol in his car to disinfect his hands when he is out shopping!

Respected Contributor

JACK POT .....

Respected Contributor
With a limit of 3, I can see why it wouldn't stay on the shelf.

As with many limited items, shoppers have been enlisting their "shopping buddies" to each grab the max, too. For a couple, there go six.

Stores need to consider that when setting purchase limits.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@ninjawife I was in my local Dollar General this morning and bought hand sanitizer in a spray can.  I asked about some and was told that was all they carried currently and kept it behind the counter.  I have always used the pump bottle but find it is easy to use.

Trusted Contributor

My hands are tourup by all this hand sanitizer. SHPHQ had some hand sanitizer that was made from the same liquid the Dr.s use to washing with before surgery. It fills wonderful. No more raw hands.

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I was at the pharmacy getting a prescription and an employee was stocking hand sanitizer as I was looking for something in the soap aisle.  She suggested I get some while I could b/c it doesn't stay long on the shelf and they never know when they are getting more.  I scooped up 3 - the most you were allowed to purchase.  DH was very grateful as he has been using grain alcohol in his car to disinfect his hands when he is out shopping!

@ninjawife, if you don't mind saying, how much for each one and how many ounces?

Respected Contributor

LOL, I was in the supermarket and there was a barrel full of hand sanitizer in the front of the store. It was full. I saw three people pass it by. I didn't see anyone stop and take one. Toilet paper is still a hot commodity, but sanitizer, no. Haven't used it once since this began. It's nasty stuff and terrible for your skin. Wash your hands.

Respected Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@ninjawife, if you don't mind saying, how much for each one and how many ounces?

4.49 for an 8 ounce bottle

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who works at a local pharmacy.

I asked her to be on the lookout for hand sanitizer for me.  She pulled some off of the shelf and saved them for me and my family (not hoarding).

I called her Thursday and she said she get deliveries in on Tuesday.  I told her my daughter couldn't find any toilet paper and I've been sending her some I had.

She said she'd pull some off of the shelf for me.  I got the call last night from her and she has some toilet paper for me.

I've always found if you are kind and do kind things (I'm helping pay for her to bring her mom here from another country) people do help you back when they can.

She was so excited that she had a chance to help me.

On Monday I sent my daughter 4 rolls of toilet paper, 1 magazine, 1 hand sanitizer and it cost me (are you ready....$30 and change).  Yep, I have the bill right here.  That's some expensive toilet paper.  7 day delivery would have been $25 something.

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

LOL, I was in the supermarket and there was a barrel full of hand sanitizer in the front of the store. It was full. I saw three people pass it by. I didn't see anyone stop and take one. Toilet paper is still a hot commodity, but sanitizer, no. Haven't used it once since this began. It's nasty stuff and terrible for your skin. Wash your hands.

We don't use hand sanitizer often at home.  DH only uses it in his car while he's out shopping and he washes his hands and puts on hand cream when he gets home.  I use it more when I am at work.  I work at a school for special needs preschoolers so there are always germs out and about and hand sanitizer is more readily available then leaving students to wash your hands.