Esteemed Contributor

I scared the stuffing out of my DD today.

DD had to go into the office for a couple of hours this am. I shot her a quick email to see if she could make a quick stop on the way home.

I no sooner hit send and the phone rang with her asking frantically,"are you ok, are you having another stroke?" I said I'm fine why?

She got my email and it was gibberish and she thought I might be having another stroke. I pulled the email up and it was fine on my end.

I have no idea what happened. Never had it happen before and I did another one to her and it was ok.

I think it took a couple years off her  life.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I scared the stuffing out of my DD today.

Nice that she's responsive!

I've never had that happen, either, from either side.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

The formatting sometimes is wonky when I use yahoo mail on my laptop.  I'm never sure how it is going to look on the receiving end. It doesn't seem as bad when using my iPad.

I try to avoid the issue by texting instead whenever possible.

Honored Contributor

She must have frightened.  All these years of sending emails and I never heard of anything like that happening.  

Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD had to go into the office for a couple of hours this am. I shot her a quick email to see if she could make a quick stop on the way home.

I no sooner hit send and the phone rang with her asking frantically,"are you ok, are you having another stroke?" I said I'm fine why?

She got my email and it was gibberish and she thought I might be having another stroke. I pulled the email up and it was fine on my end.

I have no idea what happened. Never had it happen before and I did another one to her and it was ok.

I think it took a couple years off her  life.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Thank goodness you're okay and she'll recover.

Respected Contributor

I've never had this happen with my emails but once when I was an AARP volunteer doing taxes I printed out the tax return for the client and it was all %%%###.  On the computer screen all the information was there.  It took about an hour but eventually the problem cleared itself.  The supervisor at the time just said it was "gremlins at work" !

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Most important things are that you are fine and your daughter was ready to rush home if needed.  Not everyone can say either.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!