Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure what you want us to say. There have been plenty of people within this new format that have offered great advice/tips. Most of what I have learned has been from several posters. Why don't you take the time to try and learn some of the new functions, and perhaps you will find out that it's not really that bad. It's just different, unfamiliar, and not your current comfort zone.

Honored Contributor

The new format is not the issue at hand, imo. It's not being able to talk about certain topics. (which are the ones we want to discuss) 

Respected Contributor

its very Vanilla now and by that i mean Ice Milk Vanilla

or Light and Lively Vanilla

Slow like Molasses

WYSIWYG

Super Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

The new format is not the issue at hand, imo. It's not being able to talk about certain topics. (which are the ones we want to discuss) 

Well,  yes, we are limited to discussions. The weather used to be ok to talk about but sometimes even that goes south. Smiley Indifferent

Super Contributor

missy1 ... I think that might be it ... I don't seem to spend as much time reading and responding to as many topics as before ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Super Contributor

@maryebrown wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Well,  yes, we are limited to discussions. The weather used to be ok to talk about but sometimes even that goes south. Smiley Indifferent

I agree with both of you, the "upgrade" is archaic.  The emoties are something from a 1989 Atari game.  We are unable to have any kind of fluid discussion without the moderators slapping our hands, not to mention the posters who call on the moderators at every turn. 

Respected Contributor

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@maryebrown wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

I agree with both of you, the "upgrade" is archaic.  The emoties are something from a 1989 Atari game.  We are unable to have any kind of fluid discussion without the moderators slapping our hands, not to mention the posters who call on the moderators at every turn. 

Hi everyone.  Let me add to this list.  

1) Not being able to discuss many topics - I mean... post after post of "hoorays" and "dittos" because no one dares mention the important and timely current topic?  I see the same thing today in thread "It's a Beautiful Day!"  Wouldn't it be nice if adults could say more than "Yay, it's a great day!" ??

2) Nanny Mods - Moving threads left and right "to the cornfield".  I looked in yesterday and 8 threads on page 1 of CC had been moved.  Also creepy mods inserting their own posts into a thread.

3) Visually - wasted white space; repeating title of thread in each and every post so that ONE response box takes up most of the screen.  This leads to lack of fluidity in a conversation....(that is, IF we are Allowed to converse!); posters using different fonts, size fonts, colors..making it visually difficult to read; Emoties - need I say more? :-)

4) Technically - inability to respond to a post without clicking a bunch of buttons (as opposed to just clicking one Reply the old way); inability to view your activity with the click of one button.

5) Juvenile features

Oh there's more stuff...but my point is...if anyone thinks this is an improvement, an upgrade, a modernization....you are...well, mistaken.

Respected Contributor

Whatever.  If you keep coming back, it's obvious that you really aren't leaving.  You are just venting.  Yes, the board had some glitches but like it or not, this is the board and they aren't going to go back to the old format.  Ever.  Instead of wating for something that is never going to happen; just use the board.  Start with just reading and responding to posts.  Don't think about ancient posts from back in the day, don't think about trying to find other posters or "hearts" or any of that new stuff.  Just "talk", eventually you'll feel more comfortable navigating your way around the board and you'll find the old friends you want to re-connect with. 

Super Contributor

Yankee and Justina - you both have my applause !

Esteemed Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@humpty dumpty wrote:

Not a new nick ... have always been Humpty Dumpty ... had over 4,000 posts before the change ...

Looking for improvements like maybe going back to SOME of the nice things we enjoyed before, like sub-headings, giving back our post count, and letting us post topics that did not offend anyone ...

I don't know ... maybe I'm the only one that liked things "the way they were" ...

Well, I think we all liked it better before, but it's become pretty obvious that they are not gonna put things back, but they are listening and making a lot of the requested changes. I'm hanging in so far, mostly because I value the friendships I have developed here.

I strongly suggest that you look at some threads in the "Suggestion Box" and "Q Talk". Lots of good info there about the ins and outs of the new format.

JMO of course, if you feel like it's worth it to you.

Tech wise the tools are great. I "see" people are nicer to each other.