Honored Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

Not a new nick ... have always been Humpty Dumpty ... had over 4,000 posts before the change ...

Looking for improvements like maybe going back to SOME of the nice things we enjoyed before, like sub-headings, giving back our post count, and letting us post topics that did not offend anyone ...

I don't know ... maybe I'm the only one that liked things "the way they were" ...

HD......don't  know what you are looking for, but with each day of coming on here, it does get easier to find your way around.....and reading some of the threads can also help.  And then there is dooBdoo who has really been a big help to us with her knowledge of the computer......

No, you are not the only one that liked things "the way they were", but let's give the Q a chance. 

By the way, the really reduced the number of posts I had too.  It happened to many of us.. 

Super Contributor

Thanks to all for responding ... maybe I am being too critical and not giving it a chance ... very good suggestions here ... when I have time later this evening, I will look into  all of them ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

The changes always fall to us as users.  I know of no board I've been associated with that has made huge horrendous changes going back and changing much if anything, even with a huge outcry from the users.   If we want to continue to participate, then (unfortunately) the entire onus of responsibility falls to us to get used to the new board or we leave.   I'm trying to get used to everything and continue to plod on.....  hopefully you will too!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I said I was leaving

[ Edited ]

humpty dumpty----------You ARE NOT the only one that liked "the way things were", count me as another one. As I have said many times, I build my own computers, and been follwing and working on and with the technological advances since the 1950's as a teenager. While love most advancements in this vast technological era in which we now live, I am not one that believes because it exists, many need to be left behind by not wanting to waste their time learning how to use it. If there was a real need to completely change the functioning of this BB, it passed over my head. When I upgrade my many electronic devices i have never and will never completely change any whole system at the same time. Why? Because it makes no sense to try to learn multiples at the same time. There is absolutely no reason I would want to make changes(upgrades) more difficult and time consuming for myself, and put my wife through pure misery just to use our computer/audio/video and other peripheral devices.------That is what was done with this BB and I recognize being a "beta tester" when I see it. I have no plans to leave here on my own volition, but by talking about things I know that may not be liked by those that made the decision to make such drastic changes to this BB! Who knows what might happen for me speaking out? I have always been one to say what I believe and have no intentions of changing who I am.------------- hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

humpty dumpty, you ARE NOT the only one that liked "the way things were", count me as another one. As I have said many times, I build my own computers, and been follwing and working on and with the technological advances since the 1950's as a teenager. While love most advancements in this vast technological era in which we now live, I am not one that believes because it exists, many need to be left behind by not wanting to waste their time learningnto use it If there was a real need completely change the functioning of this BB, it passed over my head. When I upgrade my many electronic devices i have never and will never completely change any whole system at the same time. Why? Because it makes no sensento try to learn multiples at the same time. There is absolutely no reason I would want to make changes(upgrades) more difficult and time consuming for myself, and put my wife through pure misery just to use our computer/audio/video and other peripheral devices.------That is what was done with this BB and I recognize being a "beta tester" when I see it. I have no plans to leave here on my own accord, but by talking about things I know that may not be liked by those that made the decision to make such drastic changes to this BB! Who knows what might happen for me speaking out? I have always been one to say what I believe and have no intentions of changing who I am.------------- hckynut(john)

Good to see you return, hckynut!!

Trusted Contributor

The question that keeps surfacing in my mind is "WHY"?  Why in the world did they do all this, suddenly and without apparent reason, and disrupt the functioning and enjoyment of what used to be a very enjoyable board.

Why?!?!?

Esteemed Contributor

You should be used to the forum by now...just stay.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
I'm rarely out here for even an hour because the new format bothers my eyes.
Esteemed Contributor

I am getting used to it. Using the hearts more than I thought I would. I still wish the m activity feature was available.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I said I was leaving

[ Edited ]

@humpty dumpty wrote:

I said I was leaving, but I waited a few days and came back ... still no improvement ... so I waited a few more days and came back (several times) ...

It's been what?  two weeks? Still no improvement ... maybe even worse ...

Maybe I will wait a month this time and then check back ... or maybe I won't ...

I've done exactly the same as you, and I feel exactly the same way.

I'm pretty tech-savy, but that's not the issue.  It is no longer comfortable to be here.  I have to sign in every time, which I never had to do before.  And I have to repeatedy sign in if I'm here for more than a couple of minutes.  I can locate the roundabout way to find My Activity, but it doesn't always work.  Lots of annoying little things, and I find myself avoiding these forums now even though I used to be a frequent poster.  There's more I dislike than I like, and it's simply not worth the trouble.

Everything is too much effort and too unreliable, and there seems to have been a mass exodus of many longtime regular posters.  It's no longer a relaxing place to be.  Even the layout and colors are cold and uninviting.  And the topics are boring.  I understand not wanting bashing, but it's so sanitized now that I have trouble finding anything even halfway interesting.  I rarely come here anymore, and honestly QVC in general is just not on my radar the way it used to be.

Changing these forums with such little disregard for the people who post here was a huge, huge mistake, IMO, and QVC has done nothing to smooth any of this over or act as though they care.