Super Contributor

I said I was leaving, but I waited a few days and came back ... still no improvement ... so I waited a few more days and came back (several times) ...

It's been what?  two weeks? Still no improvement ... maybe even worse ...

Maybe I will wait a month this time and then check back ... or maybe I won't ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Esteemed Contributor

Who were you before and why the new nick?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
What improvements are you looking for ?
Super Contributor

Not a new nick ... have always been Humpty Dumpty ... had over 4,000 posts before the change ...

Looking for improvements like maybe going back to SOME of the nice things we enjoyed before, like sub-headings, giving back our post count, and letting us post topics that did not offend anyone ...

I don't know ... maybe I'm the only one that liked things "the way they were" ...

Trusted Contributor
Humpty Dumpty,
Rather than stay away, check in every day and try one "new" skill each time. The forum is not hard as much as it is unfamiliar. So, jump in. It would be a shame to lose you
Respected Contributor

No, you are not the only one who wishes the site was like it was before they made these useless changes....  I'm with you...

Super Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

Not a new nick ... have always been Humpty Dumpty ... had over 4,000 posts before the change ...

Looking for improvements like maybe going back to SOME of the nice things we enjoyed before, like sub-headings, giving back our post count, and letting us post topics that did not offend anyone ...

I don't know ... maybe I'm the only one that liked things "the way they were" ...

Humpy, the sub forums are back. Clik on "My Favorite Brand" at the top of the tree. They are all there. It was a programming impossibility to keep your post count.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Esteemed Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

Well, I think we all liked it better before, but it's become pretty obvious that they are not gonna put things back, but they are listening and making a lot of the requested changes. I'm hanging in so far, mostly because I value the friendships I have developed here.

I strongly suggest that you look at some threads in the "Suggestion Box" and "Q Talk". Lots of good info there about the ins and outs of the new format.

JMO of course, if you feel like it's worth it to you.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions ... I will take your advice ... I really don't wanna leave, was just so frustrated ...

Esteemed Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions ... I will take your advice ... I really don't wanna leave, was just so frustrated ...

I understand. There is also a thread in Community Chat, that Marp started. "Tips on dealing with the new board" or something like that.