Respected Contributor

Re: I received a rather frightening email this morning

There's so many whackadoodles out there between the nutjobs that send these out to the nutjobs that carry concealed weapons like they're 007....what a world we live in! 

Esteemed Contributor

How personal can this be?  You said they did not even use your name in the E Mail.  The link you provided to the E mail that was almost identical to the one you received contained no personal,data whatsoever.  It did not reference the town the supposed target lived in or anything else of a personal nature.  To be honest I thought the E Mail was very funny.  I would never even have opened it had I received something with this title.  If you were going to report it to anyone I would have reported it to my E mail provider.  They are supposed to have Spam filters to keep this sort of nonsense from hitting your In box in the first place.

Esteemed Contributor

I think al queda goes after individuals and isis goes after the people who they consider powerful.  I would not only contact the police, but I would also contact your state representative.  There is a terrorist task force that is supposed to let people know if they have been targeted, but I have no idea how they could do that for everyone.

It is certainly frightening to receive something like this, and while probably not serious, it is always best to take precautions.  If you are on FB, you might want to check your privacy notifications and make sure that only those who matter can see your posts.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!