Honored Contributor

I really don't like turkey dinner all that much

We eat out, and I don't like cornbread stuffing, nor gravy on top. I think next year I'm going to get prime rib

Does anyone else not care for turkey and cornbread stuffing?

I order it because it's traditional ,but  not again

Valued Contributor

Re: I really don't like turkey dinner all that much

I like turkey, it's all those blah side dishes that gross me out. Prime rib sounds good.

Honored Contributor

I love a Turkey dinner if it reminds me of the ones when I was growing up.

The ONLY stuffing (yes, we call it stuffing up north, not dressing) is the bread kind that my mother made.  Not fancy or gourmet, I guess, but it was delicious.

I had to laugh and laugh at some old "Everybody Loves Raymond" Thanksgiving episodes that I watched on Thanksgiving.  The one where Debra wants to make fish instead of turkey was absolutely hilarious.  As was the one where she's arguing with Ray while she's buttering up the turkey.

P.S.  I really like turkey leftovers!

Honored Contributor

Oops, we're having turkey dinner and trimmings leftovers for dinner this evening.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Oops, we're having turkey dinner and trimmings leftovers for dinner this evening.

Need any help eating them?

I didn't cook so I don't have any leftovers.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy turkey and all the trimmings.  Went out to a nice restaurant with close friends.  The buffet array was wonderful.  They had so much to choose from.  All the usual sides.  They also had turkey (gravy was on the side), ham, pork, salmon, spiced shrimp.  And a nice selection of desserts. Hopefully we'll go back to the same place next year.  Only two negatives:  1) I like dark meat and they only offered white, which is fine, but not my first choice.  2) No leftovers to take home!!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't really like turkey, either, but I am looking forward to my sandwich tonight.  Haven't had one yet.  The stuffing and gravy is my favorite part of the dinner.

Honored Contributor

@cherry I've never liked turkey.  When I was a kid living with my sister, I'd eat a freaking hot dog instead of the turkey.  As I got older I'd just eat the vegetables.  

This year my daughter who lives near me was sick and her children and husband went to her mother-in-laws for dinner.  I stayed home and later I'd been craving a Burger King hamburger and that's where I went...to Burger King and at a wonderful hamburger!  The night before, lying in bed I kept thinking about the stupid hamburger!  

I told the guy when he gave it to me, "If I wasn't so old, I'd think I was pregnant wanting this stupid hamburger".  He said, "Well, we didn't have any made, so I cooked the hamburger and french fries just for you, be careful they are hot".  And they really were hot.  My belly was full and I was happy.

Honored Contributor

I like the turkey maybe once, then I'm done. I can't stand the leftovers. 

Good stuffing/dressing is my favorite, with good gravy on it too. Mashed potatoes are depending on how they are made. It seems like no two people's mashed potatoes taste the same.

Honestly, I don't mind eating a turkey dinner with the trimmings, but just one meal, and I'm over it.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@cherry I've never liked turkey.  When I was a kid living with my sister, I'd eat a freaking hot dog instead of the turkey.  As I got older I'd just eat the vegetables.  

This year my daughter who lives near me was sick and her children and husband went to her mother-in-laws for dinner.  I stayed home and later I'd been craving a Burger King hamburger and that's where I went...to Burger King and at a wonderful hamburger!  The night before, lying in bed I kept thinking about the stupid hamburger!  

I told the guy when he gave it to me, "If I wasn't so old, I'd think I was pregnant wanting this stupid hamburger".  He said, "Well, we didn't have any made, so I cooked the hamburger and french fries just for you, be careful they are hot".  And they really were hot.  My belly was full and I was happy.

It sounds better than my meal. That stuffing was like glue. I don't like cornbread to begin with. If I'm having stuffing I want bread