Honored Contributor

Re: I really dislike traveling

On 1/9/2015 KathyPet said: I think more of you should stay home. It would allow more airline flight choices and possibly cheaper airfare for me.

Super Contributor

I am someone who has always loved travel. I love to see new places and, of course, have some old familiar places to which I long to return. Unfortunately DH is much older than I and travel for him has become way too much of a burden. And I would not go without him so my traveling days are over for the time being. One of the biggest hurdles for us is all the walking involved in airports. Even if we got him a wheelchair I would have to push it and I have lower back and knee conditions that would preclude that.

Also they cut him no slack when he gets to the security checkpoint. Even though he is clearly elderly and walks with an assistive device, they insist on patting him down and the last time he flew they made him remove his suspenders which had set off the metal detector. There he stood behind a pitifully inadequate screen with his pants fallen down around his ankles and they would not allow me to go back and help him. This all made him very upset and agitated. The security officer later came over to me and apologized but said he "had to do it". {#emotions_dlg.confused1} They need to use some common sense.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not just you, OP. I'm a total homebody, as well, especially since I've been married to my hubby because he is a homebody.....I wouldn't fly anywhere nowadays. I wouldn't mind going back out West, though.....it's so beautiful.

Respected Contributor

If I never had to travel again, I'd be happy ! Been there done that, lived overseas , just want to stay home now. My area has everything I need , plenty of things to do, and see. I don't want to deal with the stress of traveling any more., Especially flying. DH just throws his underwear in a bag and he's ready to go , like another poster said. Where ever there's an 80 degree day and a new golf course to try, he's on it.
Regular Contributor

I am 58 years old and love to travel! I just wish I had more money to do so. I hope I never get to the point where I won't want to leave home. I am up for just about everything plus I have a daughter who lives out of state so I will take every opportunity to go visit. While it can be stressful I would never not do it.

It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

Don't like to sleep in beds other people have slept in.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor

I have been fortunate to have traveled to Europe 5 times and have spent time in many beautiful cities like Paris, London, Rome, Madrid, Lisbon, Vienna, etc. I have seen many parts of the USA including Hawaii and Alaska. I've been to Tahiti, Australia, the Caribbean and a few places in between but I'm so glad we did it most of our traveling before 9-11. Now we travel the US and do a lot of road trips. Love our weekend getaways and exploring quaint towns in New England as well as Asheville, Charleston, Savannah, the Keys, etc. Very, very content with traveling right here in the US. But we pick the nicest inns and hotels and only fly twice a year if that.

Super Contributor

There isn't any place I really want to see. I've been many places. If I ever travel again, it will be by car to see some places in the good old US of A.

Valued Contributor

Airline travel is such a pain. Last fall we flew to San Diego for 2 days. Security (stole) my cinnamon toothpaste and my hair product. GRRRRRR

Valued Contributor

My daughter traveled (in her 20's and 30's) for an international corporation. Gone 5 days, back for the weekends. She liked the first few years then really tired of it. She is a very organized and experienced traveler because of this