Valued Contributor

Re: I read Robert Wagner is a person of interest in the Natalie Wood death

I can't let my mind go there.   Whoever  brought up the scenario of them drinking, having a fight---sure,  this happens. 

And, she might have just been drunk and po'd enough to try to get the dinghy and take off without anyone knowing.

That is plausible to me; not Robert Wagner killing her.   It was a tragedy, that's for sure.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I can't let my mind go there.   Whoever  brought up the scenario of them drinking, having a fight---sure,  this happens. 

And, she might have just been drunk and po'd enough to try to get the dinghy and take off without anyone knowing.

That is plausible to me; not Robert Wagner killing her.   It was a tragedy, that's for sure.

That's how I see it, also.  Why would there even be a dinghy involved if someone pushed her over?

Honored Contributor

There is death by not taking action, and there is physical, hands-on-with-intent murder. 

I don’t believe, even at the time, that anything was much suggested as to Wagner literally deciding to kill Natalie.

I think RJ might have been ‘neglectful’ if he heard anything - either by choice or because he was too drunk - really drunk people usually pass out.  Not going to see what that noise was or that possible call for help. He might have been annoyed, disgusted, whatever and just stayed in his cabin after he thought Natalie had gone to bed. If he feels guilt, it’s because he just left things as they were and went to bed, perhaps not responding to noises he heard, perhaps not hearing anything. “Killed?” I don’t believe so.  Did not rescue, or “let” it happen in various scenarios? Very possible.

We can never know. But Christopher Walken doesn’t strike me as someone who would knowingly cover up what he believed to be an actual, purposeful murder.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

wrote:

One of the reasons people tend to doubt some of what RJ says about how much in love he was with Natalie (and doubts about other aspects) is how comparatively quickly he married Jill St John after the death, inquest, and all his weeping and wailing.  That, more than other things, made people (including me) think less of him.

From what I have seen over the yrs in my own life men in general seem to get over the death of a spouse quickly and remarry soon afterward.  Just what I have seen in the lives of those around me.  Example of a famous person that did this is Liam Neeson....when his wife died suddenly from head trauma while skiing with their son.....he was hooked up in just a few short months with his new co-star.  Men move on ....women by nature seem to get "stuck".  Again just how I see it!

Also people or should I say drunk people falling over board happens just recently again a Mother and her daughter on a cruise ship...the daughter fell over board.  I think this was just a tragic case...no murder here.

Honored Contributor

I do think that it was a common situation.  Three people having drinks, talking away.  One of them says that she's going to bed and leaves.  The other two keep sipping their cocktails and continue chatting about 'this and that'.  Maybe even taking a few naps in-between. 

Next thing they know, Natalie is missng. 

They figure that she took the dinghy to the hotel (where they already had a room, and she often/sometimes did that).  Maybe later on, they called the hotel, the restaurant and she wasn't there.  They then panicked and called the coast guard, authorities. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I do think that it was a common situation.  Three people having drinks, talking away.  One of them says that she's going to bed and leaves.  The other two keep sipping their cocktails and continue chatting about 'this and that'.  Maybe even taking a few naps in-between. 

Next thing they know, Natalie is missng. 

They figure that she took the dinghy to the hotel (where they already had a room, and she often/sometimes did that).  Maybe later on, they called the hotel, the restaurant and she wasn't there.  They then panicked and called the coast guard, authorities. 

Except that they weren’t all “just chatting” in a cheery manner all evening. Who knows if it was too much alcohol, a bit of insecurity on RJ’s part, Natalie egging things on, or any sort of combo, but -

RJ and Walken were having a heated argument about/over Natalie, which is why she excused herself. When she left the room, feelings were not cheery-chummy at all. Any or all of them could have, and did have, negative feelings about others there that night.

All the conjecture comes from knowing that RJ and Walken were arguing and that RJ may not have been happy about what he perceived as Walken’s interest in/attention to his wife. Walken was probably embarrassed and/or testosterone-filled. Natalie may have found it either funny or just old, and was raggin’ on RJ. She left, and even if they had been in a friendly mood, which they were decidedly not, they adjourned to their own cabins.  Everyone was drunk and pi**ed off at each other. No one was cheery.

That’s why all the wondering, conjecture, accusations. Many things, or nothing at all, could have been the result. Because there was a death, everything is held under the microscope. I’m sure RJ regretted his behavior. If Natalie had been a b**ch that night RJ would hardly want to say that, especially with her death.  I think these were all good people who had a bad evening. Sounds like RJ could be jealous; Natalie might have responded to that in ways RJ wouldn’t like and that maybe weren’t kind.

It’s all conjecture, a variety of scenarios are valid. We’ll never know. It was all just worst case scenario.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Ridiculous that they re-opened this now. He’s 87, his life is close to over anyway.... 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Ridiculous that they re-opened this now. He’s 87, his life is close to over anyway.... 

@Skyegirl21, this was my first and only response to reading this in the morning news. It doesn't seem as if they anything subtantially new, so why yet again drag this person of interest through the mud?

I have no clue what really happened, and no one else who wasn't there does either. Even those who were there might not know.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very tragic.  Well, whatever happened, I'm fairly confident that it was an accident.  Talking, arguing, whatever else.  I think about all of the bantering about 'this and that' now-a-days, (including teens vrs. parents, marriage problems, business arguments, etc., etc.) and sometimes very bad things coincidentally happen afterwards.  Surviving people end up devastated and wish that they would have calmed down.  It's (almost) human nature to be argumentative. 

I do think that they should drop investigating the case.  As a juror, I would vote 'not guilty'.  Not enough proof of any criminal intent, imo.  Just tragic circumstances.  Happens everyday. Unfortunately.   People have an argument, storm off in a car, and end up in an accident.  I'm always telling everyone to slow down.  Stay home and stay safe.  Or take a walk around the neighborhood.  But don't drive angery. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The thing that I find most troubling about all of this, if it's true, is  Bob not having  search lights turned on  to scan the water.  Maybe its not true, but this is what I have read

If it were a member of my family ,I would have been searching with lights until daylight