Honored Contributor

Re: I read Robert Wagner is a person of interest in the Natalie Wood death

I've read that (some of) the fighting was over a flirtation between Walken and Wood.  Don't know who was coming on to who ---more.  (If true, that must be cringe worthy for Walken, even now.)

As far as Natalie being deathly afraid of the water, she was on a boat. 

I'd read she'd taken the dinghy back to shore by herself before to call her daughters each night.

I don't think that Wagner should be given a free pass now, just because he's in his eighties, or just because he loved her dearly, or just because he said it was an accident.

But I don't think he's responsible for her death, jmo.

No one wants to think that Natalie was responsible for her own demise.  She was beautiful, she was a great actress, true and true! 

But just like Grace Kelly, accidents do happen and the consequences can be deadly.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Natalie was deathly afraid of water....I don't see her going into a dingy or jumping in the water..

I think they were all too drunk (they were seen drinking all afternoon) and probably don't remember what DID happen.

Natalie and Robert probably got into a fight...might have been some pushing and shoving....and at some point she fell overboard. The others probably either didn't realize it or knew it and used bad judgement not to go get her.......

@Nataliesgramma  I’m also very afraid of water and never learned to swim. I even turn my back to shower head, so water doesn’t get in my eyes. 

There is no amount of alcohol or anti-anxiety meds that would get me into a dingy in the dark...middle of the ocean, no less.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Natalie was deathly afraid of water....I don't see her going into a dingy or jumping in the water..

I think they were all too drunk (they were seen drinking all afternoon) and probably don't remember what DID happen.

Natalie and Robert probably got into a fight...might have been some pushing and shoving....and at some point she fell overboard. The others probably either didn't realize it or knew it and used bad judgement not to go get her.......

@Nataliesgramma  I’m also very afraid of water and never learned to swim. I even turn my back to shower head, so water doesn’t get in my eyes. 

There is no amount of alcohol or anti-anxiety meds that would get me into a dingy in the dark...middle of the ocean, no less.

Would you spend days at a time on a boat ---drinking et al?

She was known to take the dinghy by herself.

Respected Contributor

I don't know what fresh information they'd be able to share after all these years anyway.  

They were all admittedly drunk.  Whether it was intentional or an accident, I don't think we'll ever find out.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Would you spend days at a time on a boat ---drinking et al?

She was known to take the dinghy by herself.

@Lucky Charm. I “white knuckled” a few ferry rides during our travels, but kissed the ground when I got off. Lol

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Remember a small dinghy from the boat was found a mile from her body.  I recall the thinking then was that she was angry and decided to leave both men and go back on her own, and that because she was drunk, she never made it safely into the dinghy, she slipped and fell.

Maybe but because she was so afraid of water I wonder about this conclusion.  Of course, when drunk, people can lose their fear and are capable of almost any thing.

Honored Contributor

this is a very interesting article also......

[Natalie Wood and husband Robert Wagner] were very much in love and delighted in their children, Katherine, who was 16 in 1981, Natasha, 11, and Courtney Broome, 7.

Their marriage was enhanced by another love: the sea. And recently their lives had revolved around Splendour, on which they spent most of their weekends and holidays. Natalie Wood, contrary to some reports, did not seem afraid of the water at all. Fellow sailors often saw her skimming around the harbor alone in the little rubber dinghy that served as a tender for the yacht.

Bad weather was predicted for the night of November 28. A cold piercing rain swept over Isthmus Bay, pummeling the faces of those going ashore in small boats for dinner. But the sea was not rough, and the dinghies had no difficulty negotiating the waves. Twice, earlier that day, [our chief consultant on ocean accidents] Paul Miller had seen Natalie Wood “buzz” in to shore in her dinghy alone.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-lineup/what-really-happened-the_b_8594972.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I seem to remember - but I could be wrong - that Natalie said she was going to bed.  Maybe they assumed she was going to bed and she actually got into the boat.  They never would have noticed her missing...

Honored Contributor

Nothing will come out of this.  There is no evidence (other then bruises)   It's 3 different people telling 3 different stories.  

This comes out periodically.  It's from her family.  They need to find out what happened.  So every 5 or so years, it becomes news again.  Can you blame them?  They'll probably go to their graves never knowing.  It's one of these unsolvable cases. There are lots of families  with victims that are not famous in the same situaton.  Nothing can be done about it.

Honored Contributor

I do not believe he had anything to do with her death.

I do not believe he had anything to do with her death.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.