Honored Contributor

Re: I read Robert Wagoner is a person of interest in the Natalie Wood death

wrote:

@cherry This came out locally a few or so years ago, and apparently he's always been a person of interest.  Maybe the investigators bring it up in the media every so often for any additionsl tips/info from witnesses?

You are so right @MickD  It keeps coming up and they've ended up with nothing on him. 

Honored Contributor

@cherry I just read the article.....I wrong.  Thanks!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

It's Wagner Smiley Happy I have no idea or opinion as to who did it.

Valued Contributor

Last November there was a thread in the TV and Movies forum about Natalie Wood. I copied and pasted one of my posts from that thread:

I think her death was a tragic accident. I used to wonder what her daughters, Natasha and Courtney, used to think when people used to stir things up and insinuate or accuse Robert Wagner. Natasha did an interview on Good Morning America last year - I found the video of it. The reporter asked Natasha about Robert Wagner (who was actually her stepfather). Natasha said, "He is the greatest. I love him so much...he's been my mom and dad." Then the reporter said there was so much mystery surrounding that night and he asked Natasha about the ship's captain, who stirred things up in 2011 with some things he said about that night. Natasha's response was, "He (the ship's capt) is somebody that I can't even dignify with a response because he's so undignified." The reporter said, "So you don't think your stepfather had anything to do with it." Natasha responded, "Oh, I know he didn't...I think it was an accident."

Honored Contributor

Re: I read Robert Wagner is a person of interest in the Natalie Wood death

wrote:

The boat Capt claims he thinks Wagoner did it...but it seems like he has been a bit economical with the truth ,in the past, so who knows for sure?

@cherry That’s old news I’m afraid. There has been a lot of discussion about this through the years and I’ve heard that for years. The last time was several years ago.

The “girls” are 43 and 47. I think they made their minds up as to what they ultimately believe some time ago.

From what I have read through the years, my personal opinion is that while he didn’t “murder” her, as in push her overboard, Natalie might have been saved if Wagner or someone else had pulled her out of the water and back onboard. I think he might have heard her calling for help, or heard a noise/commotion and stayed where he was instead of going to investigate. He might even have been drunk enough, or pi**ed off enough, that he might have been thinking “serves her right” - without being sober enough to realize she could die, or what that would mean to him when he wasn’t drunk or angry.  JMO.

I don’t think it was a “simple” accident.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

It might be @Moonchilde  I have no idea. It seems the girls believe the dad ,and for their sake I hope their faith is justified

It sounds like they could have had quite a volatile marriage...I wonder if they have anything to do with her sister?

I had read she is quite impoverished and ill, and living in a motel

Honored Contributor

How are the investigators ever going to prove he did it. The physical evidence is just not strong enough to hold any water...pun intended. Wagner himself would have to confess to the crime in order for this to case to come to a close. I don't see anyway around that.

Honored Contributor

@cherry

i dont believe any of them have anything to do with LANA WOOD.

in a way, you cannot blame them. she has publicly stated that she believes robert wagner was responsible for the death of natalie woodl

there are at least two gofundme pages set up for LANA WOOD. yes, she has fallen on very hard times and has health problems. i saw her a few years ago at a nostalgia festival. there are so many of them across the country. not sure at that time how much she made for appearances, but they do get quite a bit for photos and autographs.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/03/lana-woods-crisis-and-the-limits-of-hollywood-royalty

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It's a shame she ended up like she is...

Esteemed Contributor

I have followed this story for years and have no idea what really happened.  However, open water at night can be mesmerizing, and someone who is impaired from alcohol could easily be drawn to it.  In fact, anyone could.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!