Honored Contributor

Re: I read Robert Wagner is a person of interest in the Natalie Wood death

p.s. (again, again, and again):   'All I know' is that there is soooooooo much doubt in this case.

Unless the courtroom/legal laws are changed, I just don't know how a jury can vote to convice with all of this doubt, all of these years later.  

Investigators should try to find the many people who had often seen Natalie drive that dinghy back and forth to and from the hotel and restaurant.  Just to be correct in their facts.  When the captain (on 48 Hours) said that N didn't even know how to start the engine/motor, I began to think twice about his reliability.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

yeah, the captain seems to pop in and out of the headlines every now and then with a different version of what happened.  I think Natalies sister also tries to keep the story going.  Case speaks for itself. They do not have evidence to charge anyone, they were all highly intoxicated, the weater was bad., the bruising could have been caused by her trying to climb back into the dingy if she fell out, the weight of her coat coul;d have prevented her from being able to get in the dingy, she could have fallen overboard. Too many variables, basically no forensic evidence. And the captain has always seemsed less than crediable.  eVEN THOUGH I GUESS YOU WOULD SAY THE CASE WAs closed years ago, I believe authorities had always considered Rbort Wagner " a person of interest". They need to let it go.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if they will ever prove NW's death an accident or murder, but I do know the law works for people who are famous and have loads of money. I think back then the cops maybe were star struck and over looked evidence.I never thought much of CW after that, he should have seen that N was safe. RW admitted to being jealous of NW and her success and he had a bad temper.Her daughters no doubt never questioned his innocence because I imagine he controlled the purse strings. Look what happened to LW when she accused RW.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know anything about hematology; but it could be that the combination of meds/alcohol in her body might have made bruising to more easily happen.  Some people more easily bruise, depending on certain meds that they have been taking, etc.  And, also: The combination of meds with alcohol, etc.  Just another thought, as usual.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Can any of you figure out his actions  that night?  It seems strange he would wait all of those hrs to call the police, and that he didn't want the lights on to scan the water...I would have been frantic and  wanted the police called, and the search to start immediately

Do you think he was just too drunk to function, and think properly.. this doesn't mean he is guilty...it just seems strange

Honored Contributor

I think that they allegedly were too intoxicated to even figure anything out.  They possibly thought that she was irritated with them, and took the dinghy back to the hotel room.  They called and called here and there (on land) and nobody had seen her.  That's when they figured that maybe she was stranded somewhere in the dinghy, maybe drifted off, out of gasoline, etc. 

As far as the absence of boat lights, I'll have to ponder this question. Maybe they didn't want to awaken the other people on the other boats?  I don't know.  Has anyone asked the three of them why no lights?  There must be some sort of explanation. 

Again, most/many intoxicated people often don't have much common sense regarding themselves and others. 

As far as their arguments on board:  Sometimes actors/celebrities are dramatic.  They've been trained to be expressive, dramatic, exaggerated.  Think of the way they act on 'reality shows', and possibly at home.   'Could be' that they (R and N) often had very dramatic differences of opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY1 wrote:

p.s. (again, again, and again):   'All I know' is that there is soooooooo much doubt in this case.

Unless the courtroom/legal laws are changed, I just don't know how a jury can vote to convice with all of this doubt, all of these years later.  

Investigators should try to find the many people who had often seen Natalie drive that dinghy back and forth to and from the hotel and restaurant.  Just to be correct in their facts.  When the captain (on 48 Hours) said that N didn't even know how to start the engine/motor, I began to think twice about his reliability.

@ROMARY...Yes, I was just going to post about that and also the fact that her sister, Lana, stated that Natalie didn't know how to swim, so she wasn't even a swimmer...Also, it was stated that it was a stormy night and rough waters so, considering these circumstances, along with the fact that she had a terrible fear of water,  I can't imagine her trying to get into a dinghy to head to shore.

Apparently, no one heard any screams at all either?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It breaks my heart to write this:  Yes, as I recall, several neighboring boaters recalled screams for help from the water;  but they were partying, and thought it was joking around from other boaters.  Well, that's what was said/rumored after the tragedy.  Hopefully those people are still alive and are willing to step forward.

Also, talking with a friend yesterday:  Since she was dressed in her nightgown and bed socks, it seemed to my friend that Natalie possibly decided to tie up the dinghy, and since she was wearing socks (not boat shoes with a grip sole), she could have slipped on the steps.  That, or she needed some fresh air (the waters were choppy that night), and decided to walk around the deck and slipped overboard.   Let's not forget that she was intoxicated. 

I can't imagine being 'tipsy' and having to try to sleep in a rocking boat in choppy waters.  A bit of fresh air on deck would be a common thing to do, imo.

All of this leads me to believe that she was holding onto the dinghy or a boat, floating around and away until the cold water rendered her with hypothermia. 

Seriously, it's very painful (for me)  to think about what possibly happened to her.  RIP, Natalie.