Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: I put my big girl pants on

@goldensrbest wrote:

I found people to be nice, i did go the wrong way twice, the arrows!!

Boy I can so relate.  Last week I had to do my worst trip yet.  The Post Office and the bank.  Since I was already out and about in the viral fog, I added the grocery store.

I got corrected twice on my social distancing skills. Will go down as my all time worst pandemic trip outside.

Honored Contributor

I had gone almost three weeks and not gone to the grocery, and I went yesterday. It wasn't planned, but the opportunity to go and have husband's help just kind of happened, so I went. 

I hadn't been since they started limiting the number of people and some stores making one way aisles, and denying access to non essential areas. I have to admit, I was apprehensive about the virus, the changes, etc. 

It felt rather normal though, once in the store. I'd say maybe 25% of the customers were wearing some kind of face cover. People were pleasant but reserved and were being very respectful of the distancing. The store was not terribly busy, but there were plenty of people there.

The thing I most noticed was how pleasant the staff in each store was. They are working under such stress and they seem to be doing a wonderful job of getting it done, and with a great attitude.

Respected Contributor

Going to the grocery store these days is very scary.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

Actually, it was not scary.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

Isn't that the truth.  I did it yesterday and now I should be good for 3 weeks.  

Next week I will see if I am brave enough to go get 6 weeks of mail.  We are joking that when the census beats on our doors we are going ask them to pickup the mail.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

Actually, it was not scary.

@goldensrbest  -  I don't find it scary either.   Wearing gloves, a mask, keeping 6 feet away and all is good.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

My big girl panties are in the hamper. 

@noodleann   Big Girl thongs count? (TMI)

That was a good one @Shanus ...lol.

Respected Contributor

I think it depends on where you live. In my area, not all are following the rules. Some don't wear masks, even though it is now required in the grocery stores. They aren't practicing social distancing. Many are not following the rules as far as the one way aisles. Overall, I find going to the store very stressful.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.