Honored Contributor

Re: I put my big girl pants on

A change of scenery, even for just grocery shopping can make a huge different, in the way you feel..I always feel safe when I shop. They only allow a few people into the store at a time..It is good to be able to have that tiny bit of freedom

We don't abuse it  and we don't go out unless we have to, but it feels so good. I am glad you did it @goldensrbest ..I recommend a daily walk too ,if you are able

Honored Contributor

I envy you @goldensrbest . I have been in the house since January. I finally feel better but my cardiologist warned me to stay in since I live in the epi-center of this pandemic. 

Super Contributor

I'm laughing because when I went out to the post office to return makeup that I purchased from QVC that I didn't like--I found myself giving a smile to people like I usually do just to be friendly--not realizing that I had my MASK ON!--they would have never known that I was smiling @ them!--I have to remind myself not to smile wearing my mask--here in New Jersey we must wear a mask going into stores etc---have a great day--marynj

Honored Contributor

@danedylan wrote:

I'm laughing because when I went out to the post office to return makeup that I purchased from QVC that I didn't like--I found myself giving a smile to people like I usually do just to be friendly--not realizing that I had my MASK ON!--they would have never known that I was smiling @ them!--I have to remind myself not to smile wearing my mask--here in New Jersey we must wear a mask going into stores etc---have a great day--marynj

Believe me, it's in the eyes.  Keep smiling.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@danedylan wrote:

@danedylan 

I actually was telling the employees as I passed them, "You can't tell, but I'm smiling behind this mask!"  Most smiled back (without masks) and it helped to break the tension that some were feeling about having to enforce the new store rules.

Honored Contributor

I am going to Fred Meyers tomorrow. First trip to the store for me in two weeks. I do not know what to expect... kind of frightens me some....

Honored Contributor

It has been over a month since I was in a store and, I’m surprised to say this, but I dunno if I want to go grocery shopping in a store anymore.

I discovered I can do it online and it is a big time saver. Saves gas, too. I used to run to the store for this or that. This way, I do a better, more thorough job of shopping and do it less often. 

Respected Contributor

My big girl panties are in the hamper. 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

My big girl panties are in the hamper. 

@noodleann   Big Girl thongs count? (TMI)

Honored Contributor

I'm getting my leave-the-house fix from walking my dog in my neighborhood while making sure that I don't get close to people. I'm a habitual walker for exercise, and I think I'll be safe this way.

I will resume grocery shopping at some point, but not for a while. I'm happy as long as I can get delivery.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland