Honored Contributor

And went to the grocery storeWoman Happy!! It was a pleasant experience, not many people there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I put my big girl pants on

Good girl, @goldensrbest .....Woman Wink.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I found people to be nice, i did go the wrong way twice, the arrows!!

Honored Contributor

My 60 ish brother has been going to Target for Senior Hours for the past two weeks and he said they are fully stocked with paper goods, produce and grocery items

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   Felt good to get out even for just food shopping, right? Way to go! Keep those pants on!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@goldensrbest   Felt good to get out even for just food shopping, right? Way to go! Keep those pants on!!!

Yes , it did feel good,got my goats milk, no boneles skinless chicken , but got every thing else.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

And went to the grocery storeWoman Happy!! It was a pleasant experience, not many people there.

I've been going to the grocery store once a week since before the first of the month (sometimes twice a week).  I'm in and out pretty fast and I wear a face mask when I'm outside of my house...

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Good for you!👏👍

I had to go last week and it was actually nicer than during 'normal' times because, as you say, there were hardly any people in the stores.

Of course, the downside was that many shelves were bare and items nonexistent.  Other than that, it was enjoyable.  If they could keep everything stocked, I wouldn't mind shopping like that all the time!

Honored Contributor

We just got back from Costco. Not at all what I expected. I saw and read all the horror stories. So I was dreading the trip but our dog was down to only 2 hamburgers. So we had to go.

Was better that 80% of our shopping trips to Costco. Usually there are 2 maybe 3 registers open to check you out. But they had every other lane open. We have never seen so many registers open before, even at Christmas time. We only had to wait 6' behind 1 person. The store was not crowded at all. Saw just as many Instacart people shopping as regular shoppers. In fact they had a register just for Instacart orders.

And they had tons of toilet paper, paper towels, water and refills of Soft Soap. It was an absolute pleasure to shop there today.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DH went to both the grocery store and Walmart this morning.  He said neither store was overly busy.  He estimated that 90% of the people did not wear masks.  And he commented that there were people going the wrong way in the one-way aisles.  He was able to buy toilet paper at Walmart and got all the other items he was looking for.  

My DS went to Target in his town this morning and was upset because a woman who was in front of him in line at the check out was very rude to the staff.  They certainly don't need or deserve that treatment.