Contributor

I paid $80 for a gallon of paint today

I went to SW paint store today. I wanted to buy a quart. But the person helping me said, " are you sure?" He said $60 for a quart, or $80 for a gallon. I bought the gallon. Outrageous!
Honored Contributor

Re: I paid $80 for a gallon of paint today

That's a shame, @SugarGlider .   I've been hearing for months that all types of construction materials have been rising in cost at an alarming rate.

It makes me wish we had done our planned re-do of our front entry hall a year or two ago, instead of putting it off.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Honey, hind sight is always 100%!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SugarGlider wrote:
I went to SW paint store today. I wanted to buy a quart. But the person helping me said, " are you sure?" He said $60 for a quart, or $80 for a gallon. I bought the gallon. Outrageous!

@SugarGliderisn't that something? Once it's painted you would feel a lot better. Had to choose paint colors last week for two houses we are flipping and the prices are in a "park" by itself.

My favorite for inside is "Agreeable Gray". Was yours for the inside? What color? I'm always looking for recommendations. Outside is always easy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

That's a shame, @SugarGlider .   I've been hearing for months that all types of construction materials have been rising in cost at an alarming rate.

It makes me wish we had done our planned re-do of our front entry hall a year or two ago, instead of putting it off.

@Oznell  yes it's way up there. And it's not just double, but almost triple in price. Sometimes you can't even get what you want. Most of the time you have to order and wait.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love gray. I have silvery-gray drapes and in bedrooms dark gray wood blinds. But for walls I needed a nice off white-neither too cool  nor too yellow. I decided on Alabaster and I love it. It is the color of vanilla ice cream. 

BTW I would like to give everyone hearts, but I can't. The option isn't there for me right now. It must have something to do with changing my name (forced to). Next time I'll try signing in with my old name.

Honored Contributor

I remember when they used  to say "paint is cheap", and that wasn't long ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

I remember when they used  to say "paint is cheap", and that wasn't long ago.

I was thinking the same thing.  That price really ups the pressure to choose the shade correctly on the first go.

Esteemed Contributor

Yup. We are having our house painted both inside and outside and the price is crazy but there is no way we want to do it. I know it will look much better being done by professionals but the cost is just crazy. I had to buy the paint for the walk deck because the painting company didn't supply it and I also got SW and they were having a sale and it was still over $50 a gallon on sale.

Honored Contributor

Ouch.

Lowes in my area is having a buy-one-get-one-free sale.  Didn’t note $ dollar per gallon when I whizzed by, as I was not there for paint.

Both of our homes painted entirely with their paint inside.

Outside is brick.  Very satisfied.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras