Honored Contributor

I once had a friend who or that ............

I was thinking of someone, old friend today.  too much to go further but do you have a memory to share?

Honored Contributor

Re: I once had a friend who or that ............

I once had a friend who was the bravest and most beautiful woman on earth.Sadly she passed from cancer 18 yrs ago at 42.Her memorial was at a large golf club and still there there wasn’t enough room.many people had to listen from outside.She was very loved.

The last time I saw her we had lunch at her favourite restaurant and she had the waitress take a picture of us.I have that picture in my family room so that I can see her smile every day.

Esteemed Contributor

During summer I thought about a dear work friend who died 19 years ago of cancer. We had daughters the same age and became close friends in a short time and then sadly she was gone. In September, my daughter called and asked if I knew this lady. I said, I used to work with her and she passed away. I didn't realize my daughter works with her daughter. This  daughter's dad retired and she went through boxes with him. The visitation journal from her mom's funeral was in a box. She saw my name then asked my daughter if she knew me. Daughter asked for stories about her mom and I wrote down a few. [law of attraction?] Maybe   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I once had a "friend" that dumped me after 7 years when she no longer needed a carpool buddy.

I too had a friend who died in her early 40s from breast cancer. 

Honored Contributor

I have lost 3 special friends, all before their time, should have been up. Each one was a dear soul ,who taught me many things,  that were worth knowing. God bless each one and know I loved you dearly

Esteemed Contributor

What a sad thread! 

Today would have been the birthday of my friend of 40 years who died in August of MBC.  

Esteemed Contributor

I believe my best friends are still in this world. I haven't seen them in years but frequently think back on our experiences together.

best memories.... 

Lynn... music, tree houses, 4H , séances, boys

Laurie...sleepovers, drivers ed, HS, boys (peeking in windows at sleepovers)

Laura...heart to heart talks, HS, boys

Respected Contributor

Good Friend Bail Out Jail Best Friend Besideyou ****** Fun Sign Wood Quote Funny

This.  I had this kind of friend.  I still love you, My Buddy.   RIP

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

To bring this around to happy thoughts..I once had a friend who I snuck into the craft fair with.The first time was unintentional.It was raining buckets and we had to park far from the venue.I spotted a back door that was closer to us and we rushed to it.Found out when we were leaving that there was a 2 dollar entrance fee.We laughed so hard because neither of us would ever do something like that but then we decided to make it a tradition and so the next year we did it again.We felt wicked.This craft event was the first to charge an admittance fee in our small town so we really never expected there to be a charge but we purchased many gifts so I hope that made up for it....we figure we can still get into heaven as we have been good people in the years that followed.

Honored Contributor

.... decided to vote in a national election for the first time 2 years ago at age 52.