Honored Contributor

Re: I need your choices of 3 colors together.

I think black and white can have almost any other color out with them
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

To go with red/black/white I would put three shades of grey and  red/two shades of grey.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@sunala   I am not surprised to hear that these bright happy colors are favorites of yours!  Mine too!  When I was a teen my room had a section of wallpaper with big butterflies in deep pink and orange, outlined in black on a chocolate bown backgound.

Now you know how old I am!  Think of those wild flowing posters of the day and you get the picture!  LOL!!!  Everything else in the room was white!  Curtain panels were sheers in white, orange, white, hot pink, etc. 

@Sooner  - and here I thought I was weird for loving this color combination. When I was 16 I was able to choose any color I wanted my room painted, and I chose an orange-pink mixture with a little coral thrown in. My parents kept asking if I was sure, and I said yes. I loved that color so much, although I know they weren't crazy about it!!!

Do you remember when we were kids they sold these pleated tissue paper "things" that had ice cream pop sticks attached at each end. When you opened them up, they looked like tie-dyed fans? I always loved the color combinations, which were light pink, dark pink, orange, coral...maybe there was purple and blue and green in there as well, but I'm not sure. I always felt happy when I looked at those colors!

And yes, I've figured out we're probably around the same age!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I've been enjoying desert colors lately.....any 3 go together great.

Image result for desert colors

Wow, I love that example and those colors.  I'd never have put those together.  Maybe I should think along those line.

I am starting a blanket today with some new yarn I have that is calling me.  I call it South West.  Those colors are so South West to me.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, I love those colors together.  They are so calming.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey   That is so cute!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal -

Sea green, periwinkle, light blue.

Light pink, hot pink and bright orangeSmiley HappyWoman Happy

orange,green, bright yellow.

grey, red, and black.

yellow, light green, emerald green.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@sunala   Well yes, we are weird!  Woman LOL  But in a nice way!  Woman Wink  And I'm sure about the same vintage! 

And yes I do remember those things you are talking about! I had forgotten about them.  Do you think we might be the only two who had their rooms in those colors?  LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

sand, ivory and either sea green or blush pink.

for clothing, I love almost anything in dark pine green.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986