Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining

That was awful. It sounded like it would have been fun - and I'm sure you were looking forward to it, too.

What did your friend say when you asked her why she didn't talk to you about it since you had already made plans?

Esteemed Contributor

@JavaQueen, I'd need to vent too! What an awful way to treat a "friend"....she sounds like a user to me. She'll use you for what she needs, but when it comes to being a true friend and wanting to treat you to an event for your kindness and expertise, she's a turncoat. I'd be done with that kind of friendship - she showed her true lack of character. I'm sorry you had to deal with something as low as that.

Respected Contributor

@JavaQueen

Your feelings are understandable. And valid. To be honest, I would probably walk away from that person. Be polite but avoid doing things for or with her. I don’t often advocate that, but she seems to take you for granted. It’s good to vent. Now, move on.

Honored Contributor

I completely understand how you must feel....you were "used"....she got her printer installed by you and then she cast you aside in favor of two others....what a despicable thing to do to someone.  I wonder how she would feel if she received a bill for the printer installation? Move on and turn a deaf ear to any future invitations...they are meaningless.

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@Silver Lining

That was awful. It sounded like it would have been fun - and I'm sure you were looking forward to it, too.

What did your friend say when you asked her why she didn't talk to you about it since you had already made plans?

She said oh, I thought you wouldn't mind.  Me......WHAT??! How would you like it if the shoe was on the other foot?!  Silence.  Me...you never intended to do it, did you?   No.    She has done this to others. I can truly say without a doubt that she has no conscience. Hurting one's feelings or inconveniencing them does not phase her in the least. She doesn't apologize to anyone. Take it or leave it so I left it.