Honored Contributor

Re: I need to thank more people

The problem is that apparently a job and a paycheck and a living aren't considered a blessing now and thanks enough.

Isn't anyone grateful for that any more?  If working people in this country don't have a sense of pride and gratitude for a job any more, then I have found the answer to our labor problems!  Bingo!  

Where I came from it was the people WITH the jobs who were counting their blessings.  How times have changed. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

Do you realize that we need to thank those stockers at the grocery store too.  I couldn't live w/o the service they give to all of us. They show up, do their job, so I can find what I need when I shop, if they have it.  Little things count.  

Who else should we be thanking?  

@qualitygal 

I dont know if your grocery store does this but check to see if they have website and a place to compliment an employee....I know our HEB Grocery Store does and Ive used the form to thank the wonderful lady at the Deli and for the Manager that did a fantastic job keeping shelves stocked during the pandemic....no other store did the job that he did!!! Anyway, its a nice way to give someone a bit of encouragement for a JOB WELL DONE!

@Spurt   Yes, Publix lets you tell one of the managers about an employee who goes over and above.  In addition to these kind of things being noted in their next evaluation, they get a coupon for a free sub from their deli or a free cupcake from their bakery, etc.  One of my kids who used to work there was the recipient of many a thoughtful customer there.  I always give kudos there when it applies.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

Do you realize that we need to thank those stockers at the grocery store too.  I couldn't live w/o the service they give to all of us. They show up, do their job, so I can find what I need when I shop, if they have it.  Little things count.  

@qualitygal 

I dont know if your grocery store does this but check to see if they have website and a place to compliment an employee....I know our HEB Grocery Store does and Ive used the form to thank the wonderful lady at the Deli and for the Manager that did a fantastic job keeping shelves stocked during the pandemic....no other store did the job that he did!!! Anyway, its a nice way to give someone a bit of encouragement for a JOB WELL DONE!

@Spurt   Yes, Publix lets you tell one of the managers about an employee who goes over and above.  In addition to these kind of things being noted in their next evaluation, they get a coupon for a free sub from their deli or a free cupcake from their bakery, etc.  One of my kids who used to work there was the recipient of many a thoughtful customer there.  I always give kudos there when it applies.  

@SloopJohnB 

So glad they get recognized! 

My compliment got sent all the way to Corporate Headquarters and someone from there called to thank me for recognizing that employee

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal 

@SloopJohnB 

My compliment got sent all the way to Corporate Headquarters and someone fromt here called to thank me for recognizing that employee

@Spurt  Wow...how nice!  That really went up the food chain!  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal 

@SloopJohnB 

My compliment got sent all the way to Corporate Headquarters and someone fromt here called to thank me for recognizing that employee

@Spurt  Wow...how nice!  That really went up the food chain!  LOL

@SloopJohnB 

LOL😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Sooner  I have to agree with you.  During the last few years that I was still working I heard more complaints from co-workers about each and every little thing.  It was almost like the boss should thank them for coming into work each day instead of them being grateful that they had a job.   When I was working I always understood that my boss had many people to choose from to do the job that I was doing.  He didn't have to hire me.  

My last employer left the veterinary hospital where we were both working and ask me to join him as he began his own practice.  There were other technicians that he could have hired but I felt blessed that he chose me.  I was with him for almost 20 years and during that time he made me the hospital manager.  I went into work each morning with an appreciation for having my job and the desire to do the very best that I could.

You are so correct in saying that times have changed.  I do believe that there are still many people who are appreciative of their jobs but sadly I think others are just there to get a paycheck and do the least amount of work for it.  

I do agree with the topic of this post that it is very nice to show your appreciation when receiving a service or giving a simple thank you when someone goes out of their way to help you.  Something that may seem insignificant to you might brighten their day and make them feel better about themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

A smile and a thank you doesn't cost anything and could make a persons day. Might be the nicest thing they experienced all day.  

Honored Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

@chrystaltree  Really? May everyone be as knd and sympathetic to you as you are to others.

-------Exactly! Why would anyone want to be so unkind, assuming they are in their right mind?

Honored Contributor

OMG .....  FIREFIGHTERS !!

Many years ago I was literally rescued by a small town's local fire department.  Several travelers were stranded in a massive snowstorm and the NYS Thruway was closed while we were on it!   

These days .....  FIREFIGHTERS !!

Every time I see a fire on the news, I wonder how those poor men and women are holding up.  They have such dedication .... and bravery!

God bless our firefighters.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Thought provoking discussion.  It's timely as well.  I don't think I need to say thank you to any more people than I already do.  This is part of my personality.  I thank people all of the time.  I even thank people on this forum who have shared information that benefits me. 

I didn't suddenly realize I need to say thank you more, but some do need reminding that gratitude = honey instead of vinegar!  No harm in being reminded that we need to stop and give thanks.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life