Trusted Contributor

I need to find a FREE website for phone number lookups

So they took away our phone books and switchboard.com and whitepages.com used to be sites where you could look up someone's phone number. Now they all want to charge you to look up a phone number.   I have also tried yahoo.com, spokeo.com and 411.com....all switch immediately over to verify information and a charge. Is there any website where it is still free? 

Honored Contributor

Re: I need to find a FREE website for phone number lookups

i usually just use google. if their number is a public number it usually appears somewhere in the search. if they are a non-published number it will be much more difficult or impossible to find.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I've gone back to the good old paper phone book.  Too bad because that was one of the nicest features of the Internet before the money grubbers took over.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee

In my neck of the woods, once a year Verizon & AT&T sends the thick Yellow Pages & White Pages (2 separate books).  The books are now smaller in size.

I do not own a cell phone.  Still have my landline.  411 info is FREE for the 1st one.  Afterwards it's 5¢ a call.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I don't see any charge, when I use Switchboard.  I just tried it now.  It comes up with the name and, to the right, a button for "address" and another for "phone".  If I click on either of those, it brings up the info.

I think you'd only be charged, if you wanted more information (like public records, court information, etc.).

Of course, it won't show you the number, if that person has an unlisted number.

Honored Contributor

I just Googled myself.........and up came my phone number.    Of course, it is a landline, and is listed.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I use switchboard.com and whitepages.com and have never been charged. I just tried them again before I posted.

Are you talking about a reverse look-up?

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

I just tried whitepages.com again. Put in the name, city and it said there was 1 exact match. Gave me age, and city and then a box for full profile. When I click on that it goes to Intellius where there is a charge for the phone number and address.  Phooey.

But I did get somewhere googling her name. Thanks for your help.

Trusted Contributor

cell phone numbers are not published yet, are they?

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee

I just did a search for someone using 411.com and found both landline and cell numbers.  It was free.

At first I entered last name, first name and it had a problem.  Then I entered first name, last name and the numbers came right up.

Maybe you could try again?  Or was I just lucky?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.