Respected Contributor

I miss the variety of fashion too but perhaps QVC has decided to focus on the casual lines with a more forgiving fit because that is what is being bought by customers in the quantities QVC wants to move. They make a higher profit on large quantity orders. Just my thoughts on why we lost so many of the designer lines. 

Super Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

I miss the silver shows!  In retrospect they were my favorite.

I miss the silver shows like Taxco (hope I didn't misspell it).  I really wish they would bring back Silver Style and I really miss watching the marcasite jewelry shows.

Respected Contributor

Oh yes the 90's were the heyday of QVC. I watched lots of QVC and taped shows when I was at work.  But the world has changed. If I decide that i want something from QVC I go online like most people. As far as clothes I don't know anyone who dresses up in suits, designer dresses and coordinating jewelry to go to work. Most offices have business casual dress. The last time I wore a dress was to a funeral 4 years ago. I always wonder what all of the people do and where they go who buy all of these clothes that they talk about.  When I did go a nice restaurant or to a play or concert prepandemic I didn't see ladies dressed up in fancy designer clothes. But I do miss the silver style shows.  

Trusted Contributor

@nomar wrote:

I do not watch either one, but it seems Josie Maran and Susan Graver own the time slots. Perhaps they own part of QVC???? I have wondered.

I do believe Q owns them.  I don't watch much anymore.  I watch HSN much more than this bunch.

Respected Contributor
I don’t think QVC owns Josie Maran. It’s sold at Ulta.
Contributor

I miss the old HSN! 

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 

@nyc1 wrote:

@Maine Rose  I understand what you are saying and agree with you.   Back then QVC was special.  It wasn't all HOUSE BRANDS that are overpriced as it is today. They were INNOVATIVE, had great QC, many varied designers and brands and was really fun to watch.  So much of what I purchased was unique or ahead of it's time.  I don't find that today and don't trust the quality either like I did then.   

There is so much more competition today than there was years ago,  so I would think that offering unique items would attract more people instead of the endless showing of the same people, products and brands. .  Only they know the direction they want to take this station....   and only you can decide if you want to watch or not.   I know watch a tiny tiny fraction of what I once did and my purchases reflect that as well. 

ITA.  What they show in clothing now has no class.  Junk and some styles ridiculous.  Nothing classy and some clowning looking.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

What I miss is what many have said here---the uniqueness and VARIETY they used to bring.....now the products are limited and selection pretty repetitive.  All the clothing lines look alike---all the same styles hard to distinquish one from the other.....and now prices have gone up and quality isnt always there.....

And another thing is the TSV presentations are too long and they even do them not once, not twice, but somethings three times in the SAME show!!! 

There are a few QVC vendors I still like so thats why I continue to hang around, but my viewership and purchases have certainly declined....

Uniqueness, variety, and quality is what I miss most.  Now most things look alike that you can buy anywhere and can cost less.

Trusted Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

The only thing I miss are fast moving shows with ten minute TSV presentations. 

I also miss the end of the show product review of what was presented. Sometimes there was a preview of the show's items, too. 

I also miss the Wednesday Night Gold Hour with Mary Beth and the Elegance of 18 Karat Jewelry with Pat. I think that was on on Saturday Night?

Frequent Contributor

Remember silver style 4 hours awesome prices ,back then you could but shirts for $25.00