Respected Contributor

Re: I make so many typos. I’m always having to return to posts to edit.

None of us are perfect nor should we expect it.  Most communicate the best we can.  Not hard to do.  I have a mild essential tremor that sometimes causes double key strokes.  I try to catch those and other errors.

Some Facebook posts are undecipherable or lazy and like they missed a lot of school.  Not that bad here.  We figure it out somehow or not and move on.  I do appreciate corrections just because they are easier on the eyes and senses.  Thanks to all who take the time and bother and for forgiving anyone's errors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo -

haha! So funny! "fat-fingering"!

I often say my fingers are too big for the letters on my phone, thus we have the "mom texts"

and my fingers on the computer type faster and backward sometimes. Auto correct has a mind of its own so I got rid of it!

Have you all noticed that young people text with both thumbs? I've tried that instead of my index finger and it does seem to work at least just as well or better but I'm usually doing something else with my other hand-probably drinking (something!)

or writing.

Anyway try your thumb on your phone and see what you think, even one thumb.

Oh gosh, rambling but its been a day!

ps-yeah I had to edit!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

The edit button is my friend 😂

Truth, @QVCkitty1!  I'll add that I didn't realize how much I needed it until the Q site tech glitch that temporarily took away our ability to edit...  yikes, that made for a few unintentionally wacky conversations!😂

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Another thing, I don't know if all of you have perfect vision and I'm probably due for an eye exam or at least get my glasses adjusted again.  Right now the laptop screen and my two eyes are not playing well together.  If I hold my glasses out about 4 inches away from my face and 3 inches up, that's a nice clear and clean screen of words.  Put the glasses back on my nose and it's somewhat of a guessing game.

A perfect situation for typos to fly by unnoticed.  Last time I was in Costco the one person in the eye center was busy so I didn't wait.  Should have.  

I'd guess any number of us have eye issues, too.

Honored Contributor

Right now my iPad randomly adds a letter a in front of some words. It just comes out of nowhere. Typing with both thumbs on a large iPad Pro is an effort in futility. I'm reduced to eking with just my index finger.

A working example:

See my typo in the above entry. I typed keying and it came out as ending. See it again. I typed keying to correct the first error, eking, and iPad ac changed it to ending. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't use ac. It drives me nuts!

But I do use the suggestion (predictive) feature.  You just type part of the word and choose one of the suggestions.  Typing goes much faster. Also helps when you're not sure of the correct spelling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

Right now my iPad randomly adds a letter a in front of some words. It just comes out of nowhere. Typing with both thumbs on a large iPad Pro is an effort in futility. I'm reduced to eking with just my index finger.

A working example:

See my typo in the above entry. I typed keying and it came out as ending. See it again. I typed keying to correct the first error, eking, and iPad ac changed it to ending. 

@Mindy D,  That's happened to me, too, when using my iPad, and it's hard to describe.    I think it's an annoying bug that shows up as a result of website data junk that the site created during the session.   I've found that if I log out of the Q, go to the iPad settings, delete all the Safari history and website data (including the website data under "Advanced"), when I log back into the Q the problem is resolved.  I don't know if that helps, but I wanted to acknowledge that you're not the only one who has experienced this weird effect.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

My keyboard is not functioning correctly and I use Fellowes Duster (in the spray can) as well as wipe it down when its shut down but still it persists.  Very annoying especially since I don't eat at my desk.  Stopped doing that years ago because an errant crumb or two can mysteriously find its way inbetween the keys.  I have an ASUS and used to have an HP which never had key issues, so it must have to do with its construction...very disappointing considering how much I paid for this laptop 4 years ago.