Honored Contributor

Re: I make all my Christmas presents, do you?

OP, those are the kinds of gifts I really like and treasure! One year I made afghans for 6 people and started before spring. I had the time because that year I had foot surgery and was laid up for several months. I do bake a lot and give baked goods as gifts.

Honored Contributor

I have made blankets (one side fleece, one side flannel), quilts, custom lap desks, Christmas ornaments, and tea blends.

Honored Contributor

On 11/10/2014 LoriMI said:

First of all, I am an artist, a quilter and baker.

That alone explains it all. You have a lot of talent that I wish I had. Except for some candy, everything I give is purchased (much of it on QVC).

Valued Contributor

I love that you do this, this is what I feel should be Christmas giving!
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your kind postings! May your upcoming holidays be spectacular for all of you!

Esteemed Contributor

OH MY GOSH......No way! I haven't a creative/crafty bone in my body. We had a Christmas Luncheon at work one year and everyone was required to bring a hand-made ornament. Needless to say, I skipped it. One of my dear friends and her husband imposed a "homemade gift only" rule for their Christmas exchange with their family members one year. In theory, that sounds like a really neat thing but not everyone is born with creative genes nor do they enjoy it. I felt sorry for some of her family members who didn't really embrace the concept and really struggled to come up with something.

Your gifts sound lovely though and I can tell, it comes from the heart.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Do I make my own Christmas presents? Uh, that would be a no.

I wish I were that talented, but I'm not.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

On 11/10/2014 Danky said: No LORI----you ARE Martha Stewart. Owning a B&B has always been a "back of my mind" fantasy. But the combo of lack of creativity, finding the general public annoying and hating the idea of sharing my space probably makes the whole thing a VERY bad idea !

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

The only hand crafting I can do is cooking/baking, and I used to bake up a storm for friends and family at Christmas, but not so much anymore. just for us.

Respected Contributor

I've always said there's not a creative bone in this body! We stopped gift giving about 5 years ago. Last year I bought some wire bailed bottles with stoppers and made homemade Kahlua and Bailey's Irish Cream.

I very much admire your creativity and patience!