Honored Contributor

Re: I'm very troubled with AI right now, ChatGBT is just one of my concerns..

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Mindy D,

I posted this on the other AI thread -- I think it's worth repeating because this topic is far-reaching and I found this documentary to be comprehensive and worthwhile.

I recommended this before... it's a powerful documentary, "FRONTLINE: In the Age of AI" (Season 2019 Episode 17 | 1h 54m 16s | aired 11/05/19).  
Even though it was released in 2019, it's brimming with information, and in my opinion it's real and practical knowledge we need to have moving forward and directly related to the topic of AI, something far more complex than I realized or could imagine before I saw this presentation.

"FRONTLINE explores the promise and perils of AI.   The documentary traces a new industrial revolution that will reshape and disrupt our lives, our jobs and our world, and allow the emergence of the surveillance society."

For those who are interested, it's available free on PBS.org and YouTube, currently.

For anyone wishing to view this Frontline for free. Go to PBS . Org and put in Frontline: In the Age of AI in the search bar. It will come up 

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo  I hear you, I'll keep my eye out for it.

Honored Contributor

You couldn't pay me enough to get me to voluntarily engage with AI to "chat" at this point.  It's simply a shot in the dark and an intrusively bad idea. 

Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic @See my post on how you can watch it.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm very troubled with AI right now, ChatGBT is one of my concerns..

[ Edited ]

Elon Musk and and a group of artificial intelligence experts are calling for a six month pause in the development of AI more powerful than OpenAI's new GPT-4. They cite potential for risks to society and have released an open letter about it.  
 You can view the open letter online. 

Some are calling out Musk since he has a company that is working on AI. There are articles about this too.

Musk was one of the initiators of OpenAI but has distanced himself from the company.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

You couldn't pay me enough to get me to voluntarily engage with AI to "chat" at this point.  It's simply a shot in the dark and an intrusively bad idea. 

A Free Trial Offer of a Chat Bot would interest me about as much as a Worldwide Launch of the newest eyeliner. 😉 

Anytime I get an offer I ask myself.....what's in it for THEM?

Esteemed Contributor

We already have AI in the form of Alexa and Cortana on computers. Why is no one concerned about that? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Re: I'm very troubled with AI right now, ChatGBT is one of my concerns..

Stephen Hawking voiced concerns about AI. That set off alarm bells for me. This is one advancement that could get out of control very quickly because so many players around the world are involved.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

We already have AI in the form of Alexa and Cortana on computers. Why is no one concerned about that? 

@teganslaw @People are concerned. The newest AI is getting even more concerning. Imagine if Alexa starts saying she/he is in love with you and wants you to leave your husband or starts telling you how to kill people. 

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

My son gifted us with Alexa one Christmas. As soon as he left, we went around the house and dismantled every feature. It is not a spy that I want in my home. Those commands are information that can be stored and shared in ways we do not understand.