Trusted Contributor

The shipping time really has gone down the tube. I have had most of my orders (which are becoming less and less frequent) have been taking up to 2 weeks.

That is completely unacceptable. I find much of the QVC stuff elsewhere now. Nothing, except their own brands (D&Co for example), is exclusive to them anymore.

The whole thrill of QVC is no longer there for me. I buy here and there, I find I don't even watch anymore. It filled a need for me when I had little kids at home and did not want to shop with them in tow, but they are long grown.

Amazon is still my best friend. Their shipping speed astounds me, so I know it can be done. The yearly "Prime" sale they have every January for $72.00 is the best money of the year that I spend.

My life has changed a lot, and the need for clothes is so low now that I do not buy much in the way of clothes anymore. Not to mention the sizing issues. I very rarely need to dress up, so that part of the Q is no longer interesting for my lifestyle.

I do know that I am no big loss to them though. My dismay at how slow they ship matters not to them. They are still a very viable, thriving company. They acquire new customers every day, so us "oldie but goodie" customers, (who can remember the old QVC when they did the 50/50 tours, found new and unique items, did not show Dysons ad nauseum...back in the early 90's) are not their demographic push now.

Not really sure what customer base they are after, but clearly it is not me Smiley Wink

I just place an order and not expect any delivery to be fast. Saves in my frustration.

Honored Contributor

And then there are some who are buying more.  I get what I order in 4 or 5 days which is fast enough for me.  I return almost nothing (I don't buy much clothing at all -  never have) and the reduced shipping has saved me repeatedly because many of the skincare products I do order have gone from $8 and $9/per to $3 --and the prices are better than elsewhere even where elsewhere is running sales.

I know that's not true for everything, but who buys everything from one place?  Not me? 

Honored Contributor

Just another "I want what I want and I want it NOW - and I only want to pay what I WANT to pay for it" shopper.  The world is not impressed. Shop wherever you like. But if you shop for "months" and have multiple returns at the same place, I would have stopped "months" ago after purchase #2. I guess it takes a lot longer for some to see a pattern. 

QVC has admitted in print and it was posted to the forums recently that fast shipping is NOT their Thing, they don't care, and the majority of their customers don't care either, so QVC is fine with it. They don't mind losing customers over it, it's a done deal. As far as QVC is concerned, those who want fast shipping can shop elsewhere. That's the reality.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@rickiraccoon, I agree with you.I ordered their wine a/d in March and here it is April 6 and it has not arrived as yet ......AND .......NO TRACKING INFO........then they want to know why you cancelled your a/d or did not accept that package!!!!  Easter has come and gone so I do not need it anymore ,my company went home a long time ago!!!

I ordered some skin care products from  AMAZON very  late last night and I already got it before 10 AM this morning   .Smiley Happy      How did they do that???..........lol

Respected Contributor

I never order anything from QVC that I need or want within a certain time frame, so I am seldom disappointed. 

That said, some of the lengthy shipping times other posters write about would not be acceptable to me either.

Respected Contributor

They always say 7 to 10 business days, yet you sound so surprised.

The beauty of a free market, is you may shop where you chose to. I am wondering why you would continue to torture yourself shopping with QVC  since you are not happy?

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@nonstopshopper wrote:

I'm so mad I just have to vent. My shopping at the Q has declined substantially the last couple months. One reason is because I just don't see the 'value' they claim anymore. I lost a lot of money after I added up what the holiday returns cost me. And when they changed the shipping rates it seemed the prices increased. But sometimes, when I see something I want, I don't care what the cost is if I really love it. So last week I spot a top in the LTS I think is cute and went for it. Along with that, I added a blouse I had saved in my Wish List for several months. I was in the mood so I ordered these last Thursday. Here it is Wednesday and this order just shipped today! Seriously? Almost a week to 'process' an order?? When am I going to learn? Shopping here just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Thanks for listening....I feel better now.

When you buy one and get a deduction on the next item (if they're the same) they ship them all together but charge you separate shipping charges.  Example:  I bought four tops and got a reduced rate.  However, it cost me $12 to ship them all in the same package.

Honored Contributor
When am I going to learn? Thanks for listening....I feel better now.
Maybe when you get older. Or maybe when you are able to tell the difference between wanting something and needing something. My mother taught me that when I was 7 years old and I never forgot it regardless of how much money I had at my disposal.
Glad you feel better, now what's your plan?
hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:
When am I going to learn? Thanks for listening....I feel better now.
Maybe when you get older. Or maybe when you are able to tell the difference between wanting something and needing something. My mother taught me that when I was 7 years old and I never forgot it regardless of how much money I had at my disposal.
Glad you feel better, now what's your plan?
hckynut(john)

I sure wish my mom had taught me that  !!!  At 78, I don't need a darn thing I buy yet I continue to shop........

Trusted Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

I just order and wait.  It will get to me when it does.  Some online places take just as long or longer and they charge enourmously for S&H.  I really don't understand why you're so "mad."  You ordered Thursday and it takes time to process the order and get it shipped.  If you thought you'd have it by today, I think that's unreasonable on your part.  Nothing is instantaneous.  I always get my orders within a week to 10 days, sometimes less but never more than that. 

As far as value and prices, well that ball is in your court.

@Karnerblue I agree with your post. QVC says you will get your item in 7-10 days and usually that means working days so when someone complains that they don't have an item in less than a week, I don't understand why they are mad.  They've never promised a 3 day turnaround.

Are there other retailers that ship quicker? Yes, but I don't order anything that I need to have asap so I just wait til it gets here.

I find with QVC that I can check the status everyday and it says in process, then all of a sudden I get an email that it's been shipped and within 2 days I have it. Never waited more than 7 days.

HSn comes from Tennesse so I get things in about 5 days from them. Evine can take 10 days at times.I just ordered from Paula's Choice website on Monday and got my box today. 

I don't let how long something takes to get if I want the product.bother me. But I do order a lot less from QVC than anywhere else and that's only because they don't offer the free shipping deals like HSN, PC, Amazon, and  at times and even Evine once in awhile. Id rather wait 10 days for something and get free shipping. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.