Valued Contributor

Re: I'm trying really hard to like the new boards but....

I am not liking it much either.  Why did they have to complicate things rather than improve them.  I can understand if many people get sick and tired and choose to leave.  That would be a shame. 

Super Contributor

@Tabbycat wrote:

@NickNack1 ... Thanks NickNack1. hummm ... I don't understand the reasoning for an option like that.... but then there are a few things I'm not getting the point of.  I think the newest posts should be at the top like it was before without the poster involved. Thanks for the answer. I learned something else today Cat Happy

I like it for a post that I'm particularly interested in or one that I started.  I can float that post to the top to make sure I catch all the replies.  

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh ... Okay. Thank You, NickNack

My old brain is getting a great workout with these new Forums .... teeheee

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

Im with you.  I hate all this white space.

Respected Contributor

I am on a laptop, so I don't see a lot of white space (firefox, windows 7 on a dell xps)

that said, I wish they would fix the jumping!  I figured out how to do the "top" - lol - just click on forum listing at the bottom and it brings you to the forum page, which is what I wanted.   haha  no flies on me!

I don't like all the mixed fonts - I wish there was a way, as a member, that I can set the fonts for all posts when I view them, so that regardless if someone is using a font that is too big, too small, too scripty, colors, etc - it would default and display to what I would like to see and read.

I understand the need for creativity - but I bet if people could set the fonts on how they wish to read the forum, that would work out better than all of these mixed fonts.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

I'm trying to like it too. 

One good thing is, I spend a whole lot less time here. 

Esteemed Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

I am on a laptop, so I don't see a lot of white space (firefox, windows 7 on a dell xps)

that said, I wish they would fix the jumping!  I figured out how to do the "top" - lol - just click on forum listing at the bottom and it brings you to the forum page, which is what I wanted.   haha  no flies on me!

I don't like all the mixed fonts - I wish there was a way, as a member, that I can set the fonts for all posts when I view them, so that regardless if someone is using a font that is too big, too small, too scripty, colors, etc - it would default and display to what I would like to see and read.

I understand the need for creativity - but I bet if people could set the fonts on how they wish to read the forum, that would work out better than all of these mixed fonts.

This is rapidly becoming an issue for me too. While I respect the rights of others to enlarge fonts, mix fonts, and employ colors, having to read posts written in huge purple letters is annoying!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

This is rapidly becoming an issue for me too. While I respect the rights of others to enlarge fonts, mix fonts, and employ colors, having to read posts written in huge purple letters is annoying!

I'm on a laptop and one of my first complaints was about all the wasted space necessitating endless scrolling and resulting in poor continuity in reading threads.  My eyes also hurt after about 15 minutes here because of all the white space.  And yes... it does not help my eyes either to have to adjust to varying font sizes and varying colors along the way.  Font size should be uniform and left to the individual to adjust to their liking via Ctrl + or - ....as opposed to in their Preferences where it affects everyone else's viewing.

Honored Contributor

I have discovered a fix of sorts to the teeny font problem!

Go into your personal Preferences and then into Display and choose either Large or Extra Large as your default Display font and save it. All text on the forums will be larger.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

I have to agree with you. I use an iphone, ipad, and mac book. this forum does not look good on any of those devices. 

The Q sells ipads, you would think that they would make the forums look good on that device at least. 

I dislike having the thread title in every response. why must the font for it be larger than the response itself? why must there be many different font sizes? I did edit my preferences, but it doesn't seem to have helped. 

Reading this forum hurts my eyes! 

It's not about change - it's about making users need to learn how to navigate the forums. How many of us have time for this? I work hard all week and don't want to have to spend my free time learning how to use the forums. I don't want to tag anything - that should be done in the background of the program. We users shouldn't have to do it.