Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm tired of B O

[ Edited ]

It is miserable to feel sweaty in this horrible heat! My grandma used to remind me that
"young ladies don't sweat...they glisten"! I prefer not to glisten, so I use Sure Unscented; works for me. 

Trusted Contributor

I spent years teaching classes of 8th graders, mostly boys, right after they finished their outside PE class. In Texas. In August. There are no words. 

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

I spent years teaching classes of 8th graders, mostly boys, right after they finished their outside PE class. In Texas. In August. There are no words. 

Yikes!  My heart goes out to ya!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli 

I've always thought that "natural" deodorants were just for people who don't sweat, and don't smell.  In other words, practically no one.   

I don't know why you think "natural" is a good way to go in any weather, but when it comes to sweating, I think it's perfectly okay to bring in the "heavy artillery" products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JamandBread wrote:

There is only one natural that has stopped sweat odor- Lume. It is a cream deodorant that you can use anywhere on the outside of the body.

It.

Works.

Never, ever have used anything more effective.

Although I really do not like their commercials, I was interested

in the product.

Never having been successful before, I was surprised that it works well for me.

Really.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I guess I'm not alone in being disappointed when trying natural deodorants.  I do understand that if this is the worst thing that happens in my life I'll be lucky for sure.

In addition, I appreciate all the suggestions here of products that have worked for others.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I can't use natural ones either. I found that products with 20% or more aluminum zirconium irritate my skin  Anything lower than 18% doesn't do the trick for me. 

My body temp never went back to normal after menopause and I am always hot. I can perspire doing almost anything. I never seem to really cool off until it's way below zero in the winter. I'm very conscious about hygiene.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was able to use naturals for a few years and then I felt I was just sweating more and I cant put up with the wetness or the wet spots. So, back to Mitchum it is for me. I just bought some Sure to try next but usually Mitchum is the ticket for me. Has been for years, as far back as I can remember.  The men's version too.  

I wish I can do natural but.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use prescription strength Certain Dry antiperspirant roll-on. I went on an extended camping trip one time and I needed something to keep me dry for days and that stuff did the job and some. If you decide to try it then be sure to read the directions very carefully or otherwise you might end up hating it.

BO happens when there is moisture in the pits. Stop the moisture means stopping the odor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Kalli  Compared to some of the topics routinely posted on these forums, well, no worries, and yes, this has been one brutal, hot, muggy, nasty summer without any significant breaks, and it can't end too soon.

@stevieb 

Agree, this topic is mild compared to the one on current commercials.😄

People are concerned about deodorants and antiperspirants for a variety of reasons...and it seems the "natural"ones are FAILURES!!!  But what I'm more concerned about is all these HEAVILY perfumed laundry detergents, fabric softeners, and stuff to keep laundry "fresh" which you can smell a mile away---I can smell it coming out of my neighborhood laundry vents when I take a walk.  This cant be good to breathe in and bad for air quality too..SMHHH!!! 

Okay who switched the weather....its curious how while parts of the U.S. are sweltering (and it even hit those in the northeast and northwest) BUT those of us living in South Texas have had a mild summer (still humid but lower temps) not even a 100 degree day in the lazy dog days of August.....and next week its supposed to be 88..😯 we normally dont get those temps until October......

UPDATE---With Tropical Storm Ida heading to Louisiana that now puts Texas is in the Western coordinate of the storm, which will change our weather, so now they removed our 88 degree day and now the heat will intensify and be in the mid to upper 90's---😒

I wonder if we will get snow this winter!!🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”