Honored Contributor

@Kalli  Compared to some of the topics routinely posted on these forums, well, no worries, and yes, this has been one brutal, hot, muggy, nasty summer without any significant breaks, and it can't end too soon.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm tired of B O

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

I use Old Spice Classic deodorant which is not an antiperspirant but it keeps you from stinking. I like the masculine scent. But I live in an arrid climate and don't sweat very much.

I keep a stick of antiperspirant/deodorant as well as just a deodorant. Most days I use the deodorant. And I agree it is easier to find plain deodorant in the men's versions. When I really need antiperspirant, though, it's good to be able to reach for it.

My attitude is that I try to avoid the using an antiperspirant most of the time becasue of the aluminum content. But I don't think it's harmful to use it occasionally.

I had a natural deodorant phase and afterwards a few people indicated in various ways they were glad I stopped. I think that if a person's natural chemistry works well with natural deodorant, that's great.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Arrid XX Unscented for me.  And air conditioning, full time.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I understand you are frustrated, @Kalli .  I don't believe that natural deodorants or just deodorants are meant to keep you dry.  They only stop odor.  Antiperspirants stop wetness.  In other words, they block sweat.  I don't think that is healthy, but that is JMHO.  I hope you get some relief.

I agree about deodorants not keeping you dry or I would spray mine all over me after working out or yoga.

I do use a spray deodorant (Suzanne Organics) and sometimes Jason Naturals (solid stick) and am happy with both.  

Some people have stronger *scents*, I guess, and should use what works for them.

Honored Contributor

@Kalli   I've never tried a natural deodorant.  I used Mitchum anti-perspirant/deodorant for years.  Just recently I bought Secret anti-perspirant/dedodorant.  I use the clinical strength and have been happy with both brands.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I gave the natural deodorants a try too.  They didn't perform for me either.

My sister, on the other hand, does use them (the natural ones) and said the work okay for her.  Must be my body chemistry.

Respected Contributor

Natural deodorants (or even unnatural ones, lol), do nothing for perspiration, they are for odor.  It's natural and healthy to perspire, so I'm OK with that and stay as cool as possible, except when I'm working out and then it's just a necessary evil.  I had to try several natural deodorants before I found some that I am happy with.  Native is a good brand, and I've tried some from Young Living that are effective at blocking odor. 

Trusted Contributor

tried the natural deoderant a while ago.  Developed a rash, went back to my Secret.  I'm good.  Sometimes natural isn't all it cracks up to be.  

Honored Contributor

I guess it's too much for people to just back out of a thread that doesn't appeal to them.  

I have gone the natural deodorant route and I cannot stand the wetness.  As others have said, they work for the smell but not the sweat.  Just the other day, I saw someone on YouTube who claimed to have tried every natural deodorant out there and none of them worked.  She too hated that wetness she still got.  Then she said she tried Lume and she doesn't know how, but it stopped both the smell and the sweat.  

I've not tried it but maybe it's worth a shot?

Honored Contributor

I'm giving up on the natural deodorants that my dermatologist recommended, too, at least during the warmer months.  I am using a Dove antiperspirant that she also recommended.  Much better.