Respected Contributor

Warning: might be a sensitive subject for some.

I've tried for months to stay the course with regard to using a natural deodorant.  I can't really blame any of those products.  This summer here in PA has been absolutely brutal. The high heat and excessive humidity has continued throughout much of the summer with little relief. It has defeated me, I'm throwing in the towel.  I'm back to anitpirspirants.  I can't take it anymore!! 

At first I thought I'd just use wipes and reapply the naturals.  But even doing this, I can't keep up.  Two seconds later I'm sweating again. I won't even stop for a quick run-in to the store on the way home from the barn because I'm too self-conscious. So I come home from there stinking, drenched in sweat and can't wait to take a shower. In addition, the amount of laundry is becoming untenable. 

At this point, like I said, I'm giving up. Just can't do it anymore. I'm not a fan of air conditioning but I've turned it on more often this summer than ever before.  

Honored Contributor

TMI

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain as I also tried the "natural" route, and it didn't work for me.  With all of the other things that we consume on a daily basis, why worry about the deodorant I use???????????????

Esteemed Contributor

I understand you are frustrated, @Kalli .  I don't believe that natural deodorants or just deodorants are meant to keep you dry.  They only stop odor.  Antiperspirants stop wetness.  In other words, they block sweat.  I don't think that is healthy, but that is JMHO.  I hope you get some relief.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I used to use natural deodorant but it didn't work for me.  I switched to anti deodorants and have been very happy.  I stopped worrying about the aluminum in it.  Can't worry about everything in life.

Trusted Contributor

I've also had no luck with natural deodorants.  I realize they aren't antiperspirants but that isn't something I have too much problem with so wasn't worried about it.  I didn't notice a difference in perspiration, but boy did I notice a difference in odor!  I felt like they made me stink!  Maybe just a reaction with my body chemistry, but I got smellier than I have when I've totally skipped deodorant.  Back to Secret for me.

Honored Contributor

This is what I've always heard about the natural deodorant products, so I've never tried any of them.

I'm an Arrid XX Fresh Scent girl.  Smiley Happy  I've used this one for decades (as long as I can remember) and love it.  I tried the Arrid XX Unscented one time, when the store only had that one choice but, for some reason, I didn't love it.  Now I just get the Fresh Scent one from Amazon in packs of 3 or 4.

Honored Contributor

I've never used "natural" deodorants. I use an antiperspirant  -- Mitchum, to be exact.

And @Kalli, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your posting this topic,

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Kalli   Checkout Carpe.  They have products that will keep your dry.  I don't use their deodorant because I have used a crystal stone for over 20 years with great success and never odor but I do use the one for under my breasts which has been a real help and also the one for hand sweating.   

Respected Contributor

I use Old Spice Classic deodorant which is not an antiperspirant but it keeps you from stinking. I like the masculine scent. But I live in an arrid climate and don't sweat very much.