Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Typically, that isn't a FB issue, but it's on the sites that are linked - that are not FB. It's a breadcrumb thing. Those sites load very slowly and are full of all kinds of carp, but although you can find them "through" FB in a way, they are not FB. I do understand it's a bummer to expect a particular article/subject and get the other gar-bage. It's how *the other sites* make money - most of the carp is paid for. Why, GOK as it's ludicrous.

 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,928
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I don't even post on my Facebook page anymore.  The stuff my "friends" post is so stupid, boring, nothing interesting about them, just stupid "sayings" all the time, nor are most of us in contact, that I've decided not to post anymore.  They probably think I'm boring too so I have my pic posted, that's it!  Yes, I agree, a lot of ads are coming through.  

 

There is one group on Facebook I enjoy that's it!  😁

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,627
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I saw my first porno ads on FB today.  I couldn't find a way to close them out.

 

I didn't start on FB until a few months ago.  But, I am so grateful that I did.  I was able to reconnect with a few old friends and we have rekindled our friendships.

 

I also reconnected with a few family members and found out about dozens of other cousins that I didn't even know existed.  I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't know any of this.  And, they have welcomed me, and my family, with open arms.  It's been a wonderful experience for me.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-18-2010

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Have you tried ad bloc or ad bloc plus?

 

I no longer have pop ups on yahoo or facebook.

 

It's FREE and easy to install.  

 


Quick question...I had adblock installed ...loved it!

 

But it interfered with Mr. Rebates.  No matter how I tried ...it would not track my rebates.  I deleted adblock and now Mr. Rebates works again.  Now... I have all the crazy pop up ads again.

 

Is this normal?

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,758
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Bestdressed

 


@Bestdressed wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Have you tried ad bloc or ad bloc plus?

 

I no longer have pop ups on yahoo or facebook.

 

It's FREE and easy to install.  

 


Quick question...I had adblock installed ...loved it!

 

But it interfered with Mr. Rebates.  No matter how I tried ...it would not track my rebates.  I deleted adblock and now Mr. Rebates works again.  Now... I have all the crazy pop up ads again.

 

Is this normal?

 


***

 

Unfortunately yes.  ad bloc  addressed this a few weeks ago on their facebook site..

 

With ad bloc YOU control whether to bloc every page.  There is a drop down tab when you click on the icon, it will ask you if you just want to disable the site you're on or enable it.  So you can disable ad bloc on Mr. Rebates site but keep it for everything else.  I hope this helps. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,522
Registered: ‎11-20-2013

So are children seeing these pornographic pop ups if they go on their FB page?

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 41,125
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@skuggles wrote:

So are children seeing these pornographic pop ups if they go on their FB page?

 


 

 

it probably depends on their settings, but i can honestly say that i am on facebook daily and i have never seen those types of pop-ups and i dont use ad-block.

********************************************
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,921
Registered: ‎06-12-2013

Re: I'm so over facebook

[ Edited ]

Usually the only pop ups I see are from things I have previously looked at and are related only to that.

 Never porn.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

@sunshine45 wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

So are children seeing these pornographic pop ups if they go on their FB page?

 


 

 

it probably depends on their settings, but i can honestly say that i am on facebook daily and i have never seen those types of pop-ups and i dont use ad-block.

 


i'm on FB multiple times per day and I've never seen actual porn, or ads for porn either.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-18-2010

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Bestdressed

 


@Bestdressed wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Have you tried ad bloc or ad bloc plus?

 

I no longer have pop ups on yahoo or facebook.

 

It's FREE and easy to install.  

 


Quick question...I had adblock installed ...loved it!

 

But it interfered with Mr. Rebates.  No matter how I tried ...it would not track my rebates.  I deleted adblock and now Mr. Rebates works again.  Now... I have all the crazy pop up ads again.

 

Is this normal?

 


***

 

Unfortunately yes.  ad bloc  addressed this a few weeks ago on their facebook site..

 

With ad bloc YOU control whether to bloc every page.  There is a drop down tab when you click on the icon, it will ask you if you just want to disable the site you're on or enable it.  So you can disable ad bloc on Mr. Rebates site but keep it for everything else.  I hope this helps. 


@MyGirlsMom ... Thanks for the explanation.  I did try to disable it on MrRebates, still wouldn't track my rebates.  I am using chrome, maybe I will try again with safari.