Honored Contributor

Re: I'm so irritated with UPS

I have excellent service from UPS in my area.  In fact, today they delivered two packages that were supposed to be transferred to the Post Office for delivery (SmartPost).

I checked my orders this morning and UPS had put a note on each one that they would be in my area today and would deliver them rather than transferring them.   The delivery guy was very pleasant!

I've had a couple of things go missing in the long-ago past, but nothing that wasn't resolved fairly easily.

Sometimes stuff happens. 

Esteemed Contributor

A few months ago I waited at home all day for a package.  As it got late, I checked the tracking online, and it said it had been delivered hours before.  I called UPS, and was told that the tracking was correct.  I told them there was nothing outside my door, and they said it must have been stolen.  I told them I had been home all day, and they said I must not have heard the bell.  On and on it went with them coming up with excuses.  Finally, they said they would have the driver come back the next day to see if he could remember exactly where he had left it.  I didn't understand how he was supposed to remember one specific package out of all those he had delivered, and I also realized this was going to be his word against mine.

Sure enough, I was told the next day that he was sure he had left the package at my house.  And three days later, a neighbor - all the way down at the other end of my street - returned from vacation and found my package waiting on his porch.

This is not my only negative UPS experience, just my most recent one.  Nothing I hear about UPS surprises me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a wonderful USPS guy right now. He replaced a guy who retired that must have just not cared anymore since he was going to retire soon. Everything reeked of cigarettes and I would geth mail for the neighbor all the time.....

UPS guy is good also. He brought 2 large items to my back door so they weren't sitting in full view.