Respected Contributor

Re: I'm so glad I got to see the coronation.

@jubilant wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

Harry did the right thing by going.  Both sides handled it in the appropriate way.

I agree with this. Hopefully it might help in reconciling with his family.

Harry sit in the third row as did Andrew. That is because they are no longer working members of the Royal Family. I think that is understandable or it should be. They both know that. As far as Harry not being on the balcony....again...neither was Andrew. If they have not reconciled their differences, wouldn't Harry's presence on the balcony have given a false impression anyway and been somewhat confusing to the public?

Harry CHOSE to be a non-working member of the royals so now he must follow the rules for that and live with the consequences.  I have no sympathy for him except for how much he has been influenced by Meghan. If he is truly happy that is wonderful but he needs to stop attacking his family.  No family is perfect but publcly trashing is uncalled for.  Air your problems in private and stop whining.  And tell your wife to do the same.  I do not hear a thing about HER side of the famliy which also has its share of problems just like everyone else.

Esteemed Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

I've never been one to follow the royals, but,...

Today while watching this magnificent, sacred ceremony, I found myself envying the British people.

I'm a Catholic, but loved seeing the coronation being so intertwined with Christianity, and the name of Jesus Christ frequently being invoked.

It was incredible that for the ceremony, Pope Francis gifted shards of what is said to be from the cross of Jesus. WOW.

God save the king, indeed!

@sabatini  I'm Catholic, too (Italian) and I was surprised at how much the Anglican Church is like ours. Some of the similar prayers, the host, wine, etc. Part of that was like our Mass.  I watched the whole thing last evening on C-Span.  The music was fantastic.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Doubtful Harry would ever be interested in ascending to the throne, even if given the chance. He hustled to wait for a car to take him to the airport right after the ceremony....and declined a. Invitation to have lunch with the family today...once again, an olive branch extended by the King. There are only so many olive branches he can be expected to extend. I have to wonder if being at such an important and celebratory event reminds him of everything he gave up by abandoning his royal birth family.

Some olive branch. The poor kid wasn't allowed to sit with the family or wear his uniform. 🙄

@Trinity11 

Yeah, some people still don't understand that Harry quit the family business, NOT the family.  He cannot be faulted for attending the ceremony, and then going home to see his wife and kids.  When your children are small, it's hard to be away for too long.  

@Tinkrbl44 I think I asked you this before and you never responded.  If a close family memberof yours trashed you not once, not twice, not three  times, but even more  - publicly at that so that all the world could judge you - how would you feel?  Would it all be just fine with you?  And if you didn't beliieve the public trashing was even true, let alone deserved - would you be all forgiving and offer a demanded public apology?

Seriously?

Crickets

Yep. I think the only participation is to argue.

Respected Contributor

Not only trashing his family but making hundreds of millions of $ from it is what's despicable. It's not about leaving the RF and these H&M cheerleaders know it. If they left and truly made their own way doing their own thing I'd admire them for it. But he's making a ton of money attacking members of his own family, even Kate who he was once close to. Not only that, but insisting on keeping perks associated with being royal as that's the only way that he & M can remain relevant. He's acting like an entitled brat.

Respected Contributor

prince-louis-steals-coronation-show-10.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I was about 45 min. late, but the gold carriage pulled up and I wanted to see that.  Now, I got to set down and see him get his crown.  A LOT of pomp and circumstance, as usual I guess.  Wow, what a crown.

I know I may miss more, but got to see the most important parts  want to. I have to say, and I think it's pretty breathtaking.  Thinking of it all, and the future to be.

I watched the five-hour coverage on demand. I didn't have the fortitude for a 2 AM PST start. The Welsh singer's (Sir Trefer) version of Kyrie was so beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you enjoyed.  Didn't interest me in the least, I watched Derby coverage.

Valued Contributor

So many talk about how religous the service was.  I found it all about ritual and very little about faith.  Queen Elizabeth seemed to be steeped in faith.  But I don't get that from Charles or Camilla.  It was ceremonial.  A true man of faith would not have done what he did to Diana.  A true man of faith would have focused on his sons after their mother's death.  Instead he focused on himslef and his mistress.  A true man of faith would have not allowed his relationship with his son to deteriote to the degree that his has with Harry.  You can recite scripture all day.  But are you living your professed faith?

Trusted Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

prince-louis-steals-coronation-show-10.jpg

I am sure my favorite little Royal was just belting out a song he heard earlier in the day!  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@liliblu wrote:

So many talk about how religous the service was.  I found it all about ritual and very little about faith.  Queen Elizabeth seemed to be steeped in faith.  But I don't get that from Charles or Camilla.  It was ceremonial.  A true man of faith would not have done what he did to Diana.  A true man of faith would have focused on his sons after their mother's death.  Instead he focused on himslef and his mistress.  A true man of faith would have not allowed his relationship with his son to deteriote to the degree that his has with Harry.  You can recite scripture all day.  But are you living your professed faith?

A true man of faith wouldn't believe and peddle satan's lies and use that to undermine the people he's supposed to serve and unfortunately, C isn't the only one doing this.