Respected Contributor

Re: I'm so glad I got to see the coronation.

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Doubtful Harry would ever be interested in ascending to the throne, even if given the chance. He hustled to wait for a car to take him to the airport right after the ceremony....and declined a. Invitation to have lunch with the family today...once again, an olive branch extended by the King. There are only so many olive branches he can be expected to extend. I have to wonder if being at such an important and celebratory event reminds him of everything he gave up by abandoning his royal birth family.

Some olive branch. The poor kid wasn't allowed to sit with the family or wear his uniform. 🙄

@Trinity11 That's the "poor kid's" own doing. I have no sympathy for him. He's lucky he was invited at all.

Harry wanted to get back to celebrate his son's birthday.   For many of us that are  parents, our children take precedence over everything else.  He did make the long trip to show support for his father.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Harry going to the coronation was more about him avoiding criticism if he did not go vs. wanting to support his father. After watching the spectacle, it was no place for his young kids. And frankly, it seems the King’s time is so scheduled, maybe Harry’s family would not have gotten much time with him anyway. But still, Harry has to reflect on all he gave up every time he goes back. That was his life for so long. Maybe he regrets it or maybe it confirms he made the right choice. Either way, his kids are missing out on their extended family, and that is a shame.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Harry did the right thing by going.  Both sides handled it in the appropriate way.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Doubtful Harry would ever be interested in ascending to the throne, even if given the chance. He hustled to wait for a car to take him to the airport right after the ceremony....and declined a. Invitation to have lunch with the family today...once again, an olive branch extended by the King. There are only so many olive branches he can be expected to extend. I have to wonder if being at such an important and celebratory event reminds him of everything he gave up by abandoning his royal birth family.

Some olive branch. The poor kid wasn't allowed to sit with the family or wear his uniform. 🙄

@Trinity11 That's the "poor kid's" own doing. I have no sympathy for him. He's lucky he was invited at all.

Harry wanted to get back to celebrate his son's birthday.   For many of us that are  parents, our children take precedence over everything else.  He did make the long trip to show support for his father.

@Linmo  Nothing I said that you quoted related to Harry leaving for Archie's birthday -- you are way off base. My comment to Trinity was about Harry not sitting with his family or being allowed to wear his uniform.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee My response was not directed at you.  It was in response to another poster in that sequence who wrote about him running off to the airport.  I should have tagged them.

Frequent Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

I've never been one to follow the royals, but,...

Today while watching this magnificent, sacred ceremony, I found myself envying the British people.

I'm a Catholic, but loved seeing the coronation being so intertwined with Christianity, and the name of Jesus Christ frequently being invoked.

It was incredible that for the ceremony, Pope Francis gifted shards of what is said to be from the cross of Jesus. WOW.

God save the king, indeed!

I felt the same way

Respected Contributor

I'm so glad I got to see the coronation.

[ Edited ]

@lovepink, I think what really tickled and charmed me was that the ceremony was so unapologetically Christian.

Refreshing in this day & age! 💕

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

@Trinity11 

Yeah, some people still don't understand that Harry quit the family business, NOT the family.  He cannot be faulted for attending the ceremony, and then going home to see his wife and kids.  When your children are small, it's hard to be away for too long.  

@Tinkrbl44 I think I asked you this before and you never responded.  If a close family memberof yours trashed you not once, not twice, not three  times, but even more  - publicly at that so that all the world could judge you - how would you feel?  Would it all be just fine with you?  And if you didn't beliieve the public trashing was even true, let alone deserved - would you be all forgiving and offer a demanded public apology?

Seriously?

Crickets

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

Harry did the right thing by going.  Both sides handled it in the appropriate way.

I agree with this. Hopefully it might help in reconciling with his family.

Harry sit in the third row as did Andrew. That is because they are no longer working members of the Royal Family. I think that is understandable or it should be. They both know that. As far as Harry not being on the balcony....again...neither was Andrew. If they have not reconciled their differences, wouldn't Harry's presence on the balcony have given a false impression anyway and been somewhat confusing to the public?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed Louis' reinvention of the royal wave with two handed action.  Maybe it will catch on.

5e1092d52d0835200efbcc6c0e0b0d27.jpeg