Honored Contributor

Re: I'm so glad I got to see the coronation.

I ended up watching most of it ,had planned not to  ,but i will tell you i found it bittersweet.But wanted to see the history of it , Harry,and William and kate ,and kids.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I believe Harry is fifth in line to the throne. Can you imagine if it ever came to that?

Honored Contributor

Why was the anointing behind a screen and not shown on the broadcast?  Is it because the King had to remove clothes to be anointed on the chest?  I wonder if the same thing happened to Queen Elizabeth.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved seeing Williams and Kate in all of their regalia. They both look like they could take over as King and Queen without skipping a beat. 
I read that Harry would be 7th on line to the throne. Someone else said 5th. Are either of those correct? The channel I was watching said Harry caught a plane right after the ceremony, as planned. Harry was hardly mentioned on the coverage I saw. Saw him walking into the church and that was all. The cold shoulder, indeed.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Why was the anointing behind a screen and not shown on the broadcast?  Is it because the King had to remove clothes to be anointed on the chest?  I wonder if the same thing happened to Queen Elizabeth.

@ValuSkr 

"...It’s the most sacred part of the ceremony, according to tradition.

Charles is shielded by a new partition, featuring an embroidered design celebrating the Commonwealth and behind the screen, Charles wears a simple white shirt, representing that he comes before God as a servant. The Dean of Westminster then pours oil from the ampulla into the coronation spoon. The Archbishop of Canterbury will then anoint the King on his hands, breast, and head, using his fingers.

The screen is then removed for the ceremony to continue in public. During Queen Elizabeth's 1953 coronation, it was actually a canopy that was used to shield the monarch, but Charles opted to be enclosed on three sides. ..."

From graziadaily dot com  (uk)

(It is meant to be a private, sacred moment between the King and God.)

Honored Contributor

Oh, I missed George, @KBEANS --  it will be fun to scan my recording for sightings of him...

I love Lionel Ritchie and India Hicks too.  She decorates in that casual, but stunning, almost throwaway Caribbean style that I just love.  Pink couches, palm fronds, old books all around.  Her rooms are always my favorites.

She does seem like the type of person who would completely take it in stride to be left off the list.  Mellow.

Respected Contributor

I saw some of it and it was something to watch.  I admit I was a bit put off to see Camilla as Queen.  Queen Consort would have been more fitting IMO.  Not sure why it bothers me but it does.  GLad to see there was no focus (at least what I saw) on Harry. PHEW!

Respected Contributor

The news commentary said that Camilla received a  "modified" crown...was there a reason it had to be modified? 
I noticed Jill Biden had one a beautiful color blue that really set off her light hair...but no hat. Would loved to have seen her in a matching hat.
Another angle showed a bow, but not a hat. My three favorite hats worn by guests were those on Katy Perry, Liz Truss, and Pippa Middleton. Saw some other gorgeous hats, but no idea who was wearing them, so can't include them. 

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I believe Harry is fifth in line to the throne. Can you imagine if it ever came to that?

Too funny.  If that became the case, you'd suddenly see a complete reversal  on Meghan's part about how important the monarchy is as well as how she'd suddenly embrace all the protocols that HRH the Queen could enforce.

Respected Contributor

Doubtful Harry would ever be interested in ascending to the throne, even if given the chance. He hustled to wait for a car to take him to the airport right after the ceremony....and declined a. Invitation to have lunch with the family today...once again, an olive branch extended by the King. There are only so many olive branches he can be expected to extend. I have to wonder if being at such an important and celebratory event reminds him of everything he gave up by abandoning his royal birth family.