Respected Contributor

Re: I'm sick and tired of summer

Living in Tulsa, I HATE summer!!  When I was in the Detroit area, not so bad, but here it is oppressive!!  Temps over 95 and humidity the same basically from July through August.  Uggghhhh

Plus I love autumn and winter for FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY!!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Not me.  Our summer until this week has been pretty dreadful and basically non-existent.  On the 4th of July we were camping and had to turn the heat on in our camper!!!  Last week we still had temps only in the 60's and rain.

This weekend it was in the 90's with a heat index of 100+ and this week has been gorgeous and no rain predicted until Sunday.

Finally!!!!!  

Valued Contributor

Absolutely, ITA!!!! I am sick and tired of this humid  hot weather here in Alabama, I cannot wait for winter, what little we have.When it hits the 20's and 30's I feel so much better! I very much think I am in the minority because so many people love summer. I just have so much more energy. If it never got above 65 I would love it! I know, I know, there are so many who just love this 100 weather and 99% humidity! Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I'm not crazy about 90 degree weather combined with humidity.  We haven't had too much of that this year.  One thing I like best about summer is the extended daylight.  I notice we are losing a minute a day.  That's the down side of fall and winter to me - it getting dark so early.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Geez, a few months ago, lots of posters wanted the winter to end with all the snow and rainfall.  I would just want rain to fall where I live.   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Another summer lover here.

I  live in an area that never gets extremely cold, but it does get very hot.  I love it!  Spring and Fall are probably our most beautiful months, but Fall makes me sad because I detest winter.  I'm freezing if the temp goes below 50. 

I love the long hours of daylight and the summer clothes.  I hate it when I have to put away my sandals even if it only for a couple of months.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I've never liked summer. In 90 days the frost will be on the pumpkin. Then I know the heat is gone for another year

Honored Contributor

I love summer. We live in south Florida 8months of the year and travel north in the summer when it is too hot and rainy there.

Honored Contributor

I was sick of summer before summer even, officially, began.  But then I hate summer.  

I'm the one who whines all summer while almost everybody else whines all winter.  Smiley Happy   Gimme some winter and I'm a happy chicken!

Respected Contributor

Yesterday was 100 degrees; I am so over this. 6months of Fall and 6 months of Spring!