Honored Contributor

Re: I'm sick and tired of summer

Winter is so long and cold here in PA, I don't believe anyone here would be tired of Summer already despite the heat and humidity.  Maybe so in September but not in July.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Summer is my favorite season! 

Respected Contributor

LOL, I waited until it got up to 50 before I went out to do yard work.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

me too, anxious for Fall and Winter!

Honored Contributor

Missy - While I'm certain it's through no fault of yours, I think there is something malicious imbedded in that picture you posted.   I don't know what the pic is, because my computer blocked it.  But since it was posted, I get a 'malicious website' warning when I click on this thread.

Just an FYI.  Smiley Happy  Hopefully people have their computers appropriately protected. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Missy - While I'm certain it's through no fault of yours, I think there is something malicious imbedded in that picture you posted.   I don't know what the pic is, because my computer blocked it.  But since it was posted, I get a 'malicious website' warning when I click on this thread.

Just an FYI.  Smiley Happy  Hopefully people have their computers appropriately protected. 

@chickenbutt wrote:

I deleted it, anyways. It could be your computer.

Esteemed Contributor

Last one in's a rotten egg!!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I love summer; absolutely no complaints from me!

Honored Contributor

Summer is my least favorite season.  I much, much prefer fall and winter.  (Hmmm, I even have "cool" coloring.  It always makes me wonder if there's any connection.  Nah.)  

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area it's becoming more humid in summer than in the past.  I do not do well in the combo of heat and humidity.  I do have air conditioning but like many of you, prefer to breathe fresh air, not a/c'd air.  Oh, well.

I'm also a little put out since the winters aren't as cold as they used to be.  I used to have to wear gloves in winter, but the past few winters haven't even had a day to wear all my great Linea and other sweaters.

But what I have done about summer is to tell myself to make an effort to enjoy it, and if not that, then change my attitude to tolerance.  It's for my own mental health.  It's kind of working.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I was sick of summer before summer even, officially, began.  But then I hate summer.  

I'm the one who whines all summer while almost everybody else whines all winter.  Smiley Happy   Gimme some winter and I'm a happy chicken!

My favorite temperatures are the 40's and 50's (crisp & refreshing!), but I'm cool (no pun intended) with winter also.

Except for the extra-forceful winds that make the temps feel below zero, heh.